North Devon Shooting Ground 10/11

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnasher

Hope it's ok to use the forum to publicise this. NDSG is a lovely shooting ground run by nice people and this charity shoot is for a good cause.

South West SG is nearby and it's common to shoot at both in the day to make the trip worthwhile.

4TH ANNUAL CHRIS KING MEMORIAL SHOOT - SATURDAY 10TH NOVEMBER 2012

the Chris King Memorial Shoot

Chris used to work for us in 2006/7 as a groundsman. He left NDSG to join the Coldstream Guards and was killed in action in Afghanistan in July 2009, aged just 20. We held our first shoot in his memory in November 2009 and each year since and have raised over £6,600 for Help for Heroes and the North Devon Cadets (of which Chris was a member). As we have made this an annual event, with the kind permission of Chris' family, we intend to raise even more money this year.

This year we are hoping to have more shooters, raise more money and have another fantastic day. We have had such kind and generous people helping us make this day what it has become for the last 3 years and we can't do it without your support.

Here's where you guys come in - we are asking for:

Shooters to come and enjoy the day! - we have a 40 bird shoot over 5 stands and entries cost £11 each and a pool shoot of 10 birds, with a separate prize fund. There are prizes for High Gun, 1st and 2nd, juniors and also a prize for ladies. Shooting starts 10am and last cards at 3pm (shooting must stop at 4pm). Plastic or fibre wad can be used.

Raffle or Auction Prizes - Have you got anything you could donate for the raffle, auction or for prizes for the winners?

Donations - if you can't make it on the day, you can still help!

Every penny that comes in on the day will go to Help for Heroes and the North Devon Army Cadets. Cheques can be made out to either charity, I would ensure that each each charity gets exactly the same amount after the event.

The event is being sponsored again by The Clay Pigeon Company Limited who have very kindly donated the clays for the event for the 3rd year running.

Any help would be much appreciated and it would be great if we saw you on the day.

If you wish to send anything to us, please use our home address - The Old Post Office, Muddiford, Barnstaple, North Devon, EX31 4EY.

Best wishes and thanking you in advance,

Jackie and Clive

Clive & Jackie Warren

North Devon Shooting Ground

Bickenbridge Farm

Mullacott Cross

Ilfracombe

Devon

EX34 8NZ

Tel no. 01271 863959 (ground) or 01271 850393 (answerphone)

Opening Hours: Monday to Saturday inclusive from 10am until 4pm

www.northdevonshootingground.co.uk

Hi Gnasher,

That's what the site is about :)

I have added the event to the calendar for you here:

http://www.shootclayforum.com/calendar/event/378-4th-annual-chris-king-memorial-shoot-saturday-10/

Hope it's well attended!

Jon.

i will be going again i just love this ground i have very fond memories of this ground i used to have shooting holidays in ilfracombe and shoot all the groundss down there with my shooting buddy who has since past away

Latest posts

Back