Four Counties 16/9

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzrat

Speaking to Sue from 4C's this arvo and its their first of the new regular 100 bird registereds on the 16th.

Should be a good shoot judging on the Berkshire county shoot :D

I arrive back from Seattle on the Saturday... So this is a jetlag dependant one for me.

Sent from my 7 Mozart using Board Express

Just 4Cs for me, much better ground than Gunsite IMO ! Plus I've got some winnings to pick up at 4Cs ;)

Yep just 4C's for me, need to get back to Wylye on Saturday and practice some of my hits today, that'll take all of 5 mins then I can find my misses :(

Just to let you know its the Berkshire County show situated at the M4/A34 junction at Chieveley this weekend.

Might be best to find an alternative route to Four Counties if you usually come this way. Give me a ring if you need any local shortcuts. I know plenty! :D

Good idea!

The nearest postcode is RG20 8RE but for those coming down the M4 from the east I suggest coming off at junction 14 (Hungerford) and taking the A338 towards Wantage. Go right thru the village of Great Shefford and take the first turning on the right up a very long steep hill, signposted Chaddlesworth. ( Also look for the red/white sign for RAF Welford) Follow that road past the golf course and then the main gate for RAF Welford, both on the right, and we're approx. another 1/2 mile along - again on the right.

Thanks. For reference that postcode is just a bit south on the right road.

See you Sunday hopefully!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know! I did say nearest!

What do you mean 'hopefully'???? They are good directions - for a female!!! :D

Dumb question, what time is the last entry? I'm at a club shoot in Surrey first thing but could M3A34 to get there for 1 ish?

Jon.

I shot this today. Could have done Horne, but thought that I would go and damage my average instead!

I found it tricky. Not being very used to 4C, I would describe it for me as being at least 7 shots harder than Weston Wood. I am sure it is familiarity that is missing, as some horrible misses were on fairly simple looking stuff. In other words if I get used to the terrain a bit more I think scores could increase well. I will be back for more now that this is a 100 bird shoot.

I dropped 16 targets on three stands; so the card was pretty wrecked, even though I managed to drop just 8 more over the other 9 stands. 76 scored, about 5 under my running average of late.

My prediction for HG is .. 91. And that will take a local I reckon..

If I were to give a bit of feedback to the course setters, I would say that it is a little too full of fast and/or distant edge on birds. Distance is fine, but to show a bit more face would be nice. Also I didn't see any signs at stands to identify them as midi or standard. Maybe this needed one tough stand dumbing down a wee bit? (Yes, I know.. 'learn to shoot you twonk..')

As Arnie said, I'll be back. (Even though that decision is probably the final nail in the coffin for making AA in June!)

CSC3

Latest posts

Back