Bucks County Sportrap 11/07

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sscottsmith1234

If anyone fancies it it is the Buckinghamshire County Sport trap at E.J Churchills Tomorrow afternoon.

Will be slipping myself out of work early tomorrow if anyone else is up for it?

Entries are 5.00 - 7.00pm i believe.

That was kept pretty quiet. Might try and get there weather permitting. Cant hit a barn door at STR for some reason..

CSC3

I emailed EJC, who tell me that entries are not booked. 2pm to 8pm, although I suspect they mean finish by 8pm.

Get this: £20 BO £30 comp!

CSC3

Ok, I will know more tomorrow .

Cheers

Ok, seems I am meeting two mates at 4.30pm. Ideally five in a group, so if there..

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott,Phil me and Amy are going to be there at 5is more than welcome to shoot with us?

Scott,Phil me and Amy are going to be there at 5is more than welcome to shoot with us?

Yes, pretty good, apart from hideous rain. We got round with showers but some got a real soaking.

I am not experienced in STR, but would say that a few of the sim pairs were a bit tough, time wise.

£28 comp entry. Superb value. I shot it as badly as I thought, but would certainly go again if they repeat it.

CSC3

Clever, I heard it was a nightmare??? 2 people shooting a layout instead of full squads? Scoring was suspect and the poor refs were only 1 per layout? I also was told each shooter had an indivdual scorecard instead of a squad card so for 1 ref to score and push buttons etc was a nightmare plus in the end shooters were having to shout out what was next from the card of the peg??? Just what I heard obviously I was not there? That in itself would be enough to do my head in!

Why did they not hold people in clubhouse and make squads of 5 up and then send them out? Would of been easier for all me thinks?

Glen.

Agreed, they didn't get those bits right. I made sure we were a squad before we went out.. Scoring was slightly tricky but didn't really stop us. I hope they learn from it..

If what I heard is the case then from past experience and w ehave all experienced it I would rather pay the extra fiver and not have those issue? Therefore I question the fact it was great value for money? Sorry just my opinion from looking in from outside.

Glen.

It was scored OK for us- but with slight delays between shots and was a ball-ache for the scorers. When your Dad etc went round it lashed with rain, which would not have helped, especially shuffling paper score sheets..

Bottom line is that it was their first attempt at it and I will encourage it. I am sure lessons will be learned. As you say they might have to employ a few more staff and raise the price up to a normal level.

CSC3

Latest posts

Back