Pick your first stands carefully

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Obvious really (although not possible on a squadded shot I know,) made the howler error again today as walked passed busy stands to one that was empty, “ah we will start here then” with more than the one eye on the watch as it was late, edgy l-right ( bogey ) second stand was same and card looked like the side of a cruise liner. Next two stands were busy ish and rather steady, oh to have started there & taken some confidence forward. Might well not have been a better day, it should though have been the start to have made.

Last edited by a moderator:
C’mon Richard, think positive. Repeat the mantra “ I can break ALL of these nothing is too hard”

it’s confidence mate, I used to be the same with rabbits......

I've done the opposite started on card filler stands  ,  only to struggle on harder targets  ,  false sense of security  !     got to be switched on from the first   puuuuuul !

I agree with the pool shoot and easy stand first philosophy, a little bit of confidence works miracles

I’ve never seen a easy pool shoot, starting on the pool stand can be a confidence killer 
No doubt that confidence is crucial, but my feeling is that missing fairly easy targets does more to undermine confidence than missing wickedly tough ones. But then, like most in my age group, I'm not especially serious about managing my average so hitting 4 ex 8 on a hard stand doesn't leave me suicidal. :thumbsup:

I’ve never seen a easy pool shoot, starting on the pool stand can be a confidence killer 
yes I agree and it's a good point, but I'd rather do the pool shoot first than go into the main event cold

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back