Best of three?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Centrepin

Last Sunday, in a strong cross wind, just about to fire and I saw something in my peripheral vision and flinched. Part of a smashed clay hit me about a 1/4" below my safety glasses.

Yesterday on a sim driven game, strong winds again. Saw a large piece of wind driven clay heading my way, keeping the gun down range I managed to get my head out of the way. Hit on the right arm, hard, cut through a thick windproof and shirt. Son had to unload for me, but being a real hero🙄 I carried on again after 5 mins - well, I had paid!

Tomorrow? Is it crash helmet and body armour time?

20200201_184936.jpg

Last Sunday, in a strong cross wind, just about to fire and I saw something in my peripheral vision and flinched. Part of a smashed clay hit me about a 1/4" below my safety glasses.

Yesterday on a sim driven game, strong winds again. Saw a large piece of wind driven clay heading my way, keeping the gun down range I managed to get my head out of the way. Hit on the right arm, hard, cut through a thick windproof and shirt. Son had to unload for me, but being a real hero🙄 I carried on again after 5 mins - well, I had paid!

Tomorrow? Is it crash helmet and body armour time?

View attachment 8085
You’ll start twitching soon.  Really hurts.  I usually get hit by shot.

That looks painful. I remember the time when I had an awful basketball accident that made me unable to walk for a few months. Its a good thing I had a great insurance.

I am sporting a scar on my left upper arm that occurred some 5 weeks ago, a driven mini, followed by a crossing looper, again in a strong wind. I shot the driven and moved onto the other target, just as I pulled the trigger Whack  ! I was hit by a piece of the driven target "Ow, that smarts" (or words to that effect) I said.  That caused a cut about 3/4" long as I was only wearing a tee shirt. Thankfully my shooting Pals were so helpful and considerate towards me...........................they suggested I use tighter chokes  ?

I have seen some dreadful injuries over the years, caused by bits of clay going astray, the worst being someone who lost his right eye.  That lad had to learn to shoot off his left shoulder and I have to say, is a damned good shot too  !

I am sporting a scar on my left upper arm that occurred some 5 weeks ago, a driven mini, followed by a crossing looper, again in a strong wind. I shot the driven and moved onto the other target, just as I pulled the trigger Whack  ! I was hit by a piece of the driven target "Ow, that smarts" (or words to that effect) I said.  That caused a cut about 3/4" long as I was only wearing a tee shirt. Thankfully my shooting Pals were so helpful and considerate towards me...........................they suggested I use tighter chokes  ?

I have seen some dreadful injuries over the years, caused by bits of clay going astray, the worst being someone who lost his right eye.  That lad had to learn to shoot off his left shoulder and I have to say, is a damned good shot too  !
See Driven are the work of the devil. 👿 

Latest posts

Back