Beretta 694 vs ceasar guerini summit or even invictus?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panagiotis

Any comparison of the above-mentioned guns? Mr Padison cleverly avoided to compare the new b694 with summit and invictus in his last review about 694, It would be very interesting to hear some opinions (especially handling impressions) from shooters that had the chance to shoot the above-mentioned guns.

Any comparison of the above-mentioned guns? Mr Padison cleverly avoided to compare the new b694 with summit and invictus in his last review about 694, It would be very interesting to hear some opinions (especially handling impressions) from shooters that had the chance to shoot the above-mentioned guns.
ALARM. DOUBLE POST ALERT 🚨 

I don't see anything new with the 694 or any reason to expect it will be more markedly more successful in it's segment than the 692. Underneath it's a Beretta 6xx series gun with the same action design, same triggers, same Excelsior HSA barrels - don't be taken in by "Steelium" it isn't a new wonder metal, simply a new buzzword for cold forging production method they've been using for years. The competitive guns from Blaser, Browning, Miroku and CG are still there and still just as good. People change guns for various reasons of course but I've had 3 Berettas before buying a CG and now I have none.

Offhand I can't think of anyone who's changed from a mid range 6xx series Beretta to a CG and regretted it.

Changed from a 686E Evo to a CG Summit Ascent. More for the fit to be honest, but I am thrilled with the CG both for the fit but also for the overall package.

Eight chokes/tools/gun socks/a premium case (ok it's bright red but I won't hold that against them 😁)

You get a lot of gun for the money and some of the big names could well take note as to whats value for money against name

I don't see anything new with the 694 or any reason to expect it will be more markedly more successful in it's segment than the 692. Underneath it's a Beretta 6xx series gun with the same action design, same triggers, same Excelsior HSA barrels - don't be taken in by "Steelium" it isn't a new wonder metal, simply a new buzzword for cold forging production method they've been using for years. The competitive guns from Blaser, Browning, Miroku and CG are still there and still just as good. People change guns for various reasons of course but I've had 3 Berettas before buying a CG and now I have none.

Offhand I can't think of anyone who's changed from a mid range 6xx series Beretta to a CG and regretted it.

Thank you for your comments, unfortunately in my country (Cyprus) CG are much more expensive than Beretta, for example the price of 694 is 3k euros and the Summit's price is 700 euros more. 

Any owners of the above-mentioned guns that had the chance to try out the new beretta 694? 

The previews didn't convinced me that the 694 will be the new king in the midrange, it would be interesting to hear opinions from new b694 owners? 

Thank you for your comments, unfortunately in my country (Cyprus) CG are much more expensive than Beretta, for example the price of 694 is 3k euros and the Summit's price is 700 euros more.
CG pricing is a mystery. We do seem to pay less in the UK than other markets and yet still get top quality service and support. Americans pay a lot more than we do although they do get a lifetime warranty and 3 free services as opposed to "only" 10 years here (Cough! Hello, Beretta, are you listening?)

As for the 694 I'm sure it's a decent gun, it just doesn't strike me as anything new, special or exciting.

It was unfortunate that the last Beretta I bought new was right at the  time when their quality control had reached an all time low. When I traded it for a CG and looked at how much better the build quality and attention to detail was I decided that Berettas were simply off my radar, probably for ever.

I heard that if you buy a new Beretta  nowadays you can get a Tom Tom or Garmin thrown in. Some one needs to help Beretta because they have certainly lost their way .

They now have a vast range of choices , but nearly every model has issues . How many versions of a DT11 are there???????

Caesars seem to be the best choice value for money at the moment , especially for the numpties who change guns twice (at least ) a year .

Best gun , value for money ? Miroku MK38. End of discussion .

Caesars seem to be the best choice value for money at the moment , especially for the numpties who change guns twice (at least ) a year .
Oooh, careful fella, I said something a tenth as incendiary as that just in passing the other week and someone misunderstood where I was going with it and chucked their toys RIGHT out the pram for suggesting that they shouldn't be allowed to buy whatever they wanted to buy! Thin ice, my friend, thin ice! :fie:

Maybe harsh , but true .

Of course anyone is free to buy whatever they wish , but how much money have we all wasted on chopping and changing?

It is a thing that we all have to get out of our system.

Wow wow wow, what a superb video from a time served gunsmith who understands and can articulate what sets one gun apart from another - mechanically that is but still a superb start.

I have in the past been very vocal and critical of self appointed gun testers (including some paid ones in the magazines) over their assertion that they are in a position to give meaningful or valuable advice. Swinging a gun and declaring it to handle well 🙄 is nothing more that passing the time, a bit like watching Blind Date for a few minutes, as you do. Their only distinguishing factor between themselves and a random shooter of equal ( average to even mediocre) shooting, presenting or technical ability is often the camera and nothing else ! Boy am I gonna ruffle feathers. 

Plenty of people had already remarked : dunno the 694 just seems better made than the 692/682/etc, but now we know why and that’s because we listened to and watched someone worth listening to. I personally only have time for those who know more than me, I’m talking tests not idle chat here. 

Now will I rush out and change from my 682e to a 694 ? No, not yet, I think as good as it is there are one or two aspect that could be further improved, the woodwork front and rear needs tweaking and I firmly believe Beretta have repeated the same mistake they did with the first DT11’s,  namely that barrels are a tad on the porky side, in time I think we will see a lightened version perhaps with carbon rib appear on the scene.

I’ve owned all of the OP’s options.....like most of us I’ve chopped and changed over the years....but less so over the last 3-4 as I realised it was me and not the gun that was missing

I bought a 692 when they very first came out, nice gun but I had several of the early reported problems with it...sticky top lever etc, etc. Shot that for about 18 months before picking up an Invictus Super-sport fixed choke which I really liked and enjoyed shooting for a couple of years without even thinking about swapping...beautiful gun, well made, never missed a beat and it gave me a (one off) PB of 93. 

However the fixed (3/4 & full) chokes always messed with my head to some degree and it started to creep in more and more of late....then I saw the 694 release and thought I’d take a look, picked it up and it felt great so I took the plunge as life’s too short not too. Not the same as the Invictus but not dissimilar either....plus I got myself back into a multi-choke. 

Do I now dislike CG now....nope, do I feel the 694 is better than the Invictus.....no not in material terms, but it feels better for me as it’s ticked a box the Invictus couldn’t. The 694 does feel well put together though....I’ve shot DT11’s before....both the original version and the later ‘slimmed down’ version and for me personally the 694 feels quite closer to the later, slimmer DT11’s

It’s always good to get opinions, but same advice as ever...try before you buy, if you’ve done any shooting at all you’ll know when you pick it up which ones right for you regardless of what (relative but well meaning) strangers on a forum tell you.

PS thanks for the video by the way....great watch👍

Last edited by a moderator:
The ground shank shoulder screw through the top tang is a smart move but I'm still not convinced that, even with the nifty little hook and spigot locating thingy, a single screw is structurally adequate on a gun likely to be heavily used. It's still strikes me as cheese paring of the production costs which is precisely what turned me off post 2010 Berettas. As for the forend changes... I dunno what was wrong with the lightweight 692/SV10 style. If they wanted to be nifty all they needed to do was copy the latest Invictus forend with the click stop adjustable tensioner.

I wish them well though because this time they've obviously made an effort at more than just glossy marketing and presentation. It's sad that there are so few modern Beretta 6xx series guns in use for registered sporting and I'll look forward to seeing these things out there.

I’ve owned all of the OP’s options.....like most of us I’ve chopped and changed over the years....but less so over the last 3-4 as I realised it was me and not the gun that was missing

I bought a 692 when they very first came out, nice gun but I had several of the early reported problems with it...sticky top lever etc, etc. Shot that for about 18 months before picking up an Invictus Super-sport fixed choke which I really liked and enjoyed shooting for a couple of years without even thinking about swapping...beautiful gun, well made, never missed a beat and it gave me a (one off) PB of 93. 

However the fixed (3/4 & full) chokes always messed with my head to some degree and it started to creep in more and more of late....then I saw the 694 release and thought I’d take a look, picked it up and it felt great so I took the plunge as life’s too short not too. Not the same as the Invictus but not dissimilar either....plus I got myself back into a multi-choke. 

Do I now dislike CG now....nope, do I feel the 694 is better than the Invictus.....no not in material terms, but it feels better for me as it’s ticked a box the Invictus couldn’t. The 694 does feel well put together though....I’ve shot DT11’s before....both the original version and the later ‘slimmed down’ version and for me personally the 694 feels quite closer to the later, slimmer DT11’s

It’s always good to get opinions, but same advice as ever...try before you buy, if you’ve done any shooting at all you’ll know when you pick it up which ones right for you regardless of what (relative but well meaning) strangers on a forum tell you.

PS thanks for the video by the way....great watch👍
Thank you for your comments, I totally agree with you! 

Now will I rush out and change from my 682e to a 694 ? No, not yet, I think as good as it is there are one or two aspect that could be further improved, the woodwork front and rear needs tweaking and I firmly believe Beretta have repeated the same mistake they did with the first DT11’s,  namely that barrels are a tad on the porky side, in time I think we will see a lightened version perhaps with carbon rib appear on the scene.
Not sure about the porkey side for newer Beretta barrels, taking apart my 686E Evo when you hold the Barrels you wonder how they managed to make them so light imho

Not sure about the porkey side for newer Beretta barrels, taking apart my 686E Evo when you hold the Barrels you wonder how they managed to make them so light imho
That’s what I mean, I’ve had two 682e’s one was stamped 1430 the other 1440, DT10’s and 11’s are much heavier at around 1600 or more ! The new 694 is closer to the 10/11 than the (much easier to shoot well) 682e - I think this is an oversight by Beretta as well as CG who would have been much better off with their Invictus barrels coming in under 1500g.

Mine is not idle speak or blowing my own trumpet by pretending to be a gun design expert ( I am really),😜 there are extremely notable examples of light barrels being welcomed (by the majority), the older Miroku’s, the current Krieghoff Parcours, the Contour version of the Remington 1100, the 682e outsold the old spec version which was always roundly criticised for feeling dead in the hands (I owned one for 10 years) because it had heavy barrels, not good for ESP. That’s not to say there aren’t AAA shooters using barrel heavy guns but I’m talking about mass appeal to increase sales.

I have no idea what possesses people like Beretta to get such basics wrong time and again. 

I used to own a beretta 692 (not a 694 I know) but found it ok, I shot some good scores with it but found the pistol grip wasn’t the most comfy. I can’t see the 694 being that much different just ironed out issues with the 692 which I had a few of. Ejector barrels snapping (sorted on warranty quickly) and the top bolt holding the action together snapping causing the gun to jam and not open with live cartridges in. Again was sorted but I lost faith in the quality so sold it on.

i now have an invictus 3 and so far I find the balance so much better, slightly heavier. The quality is something else for the money. A lot better gun for the money in my opinion. I shoot it better and so much more comfortable. All round a better gun. 

Beretta are good at marketing and relying on their brand to sell guns, but you have to ask the question why bring out a 694 when it’s almost identical to a 692?  

Lee

Thank you for the feedback, unfortunately in my country (Cyprus ) the CG guns are much more expensive than the Beretta, for example the 694 is sold for 3k, the invictus price starts from 4,5k, in addition to that CG are not so popular yet in Cyprus so the value of a second hand CG is less than beretta. 

What price are the Summits as that would be a closer comparison to the 694

Invictus in the UK are over £1000 more than the Summits

Back