Truck safe

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam17

Hi All!

So I got a bargain, a lockable gun safe for the truck, paint needs a bit of a tidy up, but its good for what I paid. I aim to get this fitted to my truck, for a bit of extra safety. I dont wish to drill my truck, but do have the option to use 6 bolts already in place, although not in the greatest position (see pic). This will require me drilling the safe itself, which I am fine with.

What are your thoughts on the strength of this bolt layout?

4 bolts in a line, and then 2 below? I have them soaking, ill remove the bolts, mark the safe, and drill, then fix...

Will this be strong enough.

Screenshot_20190717-123720.png

Screenshot_20190717-123746.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting serious deja vu here 🤔 
in what way? something you was going to do?

I have mentioned a safe before, but the my previous idea differed in the sense of, I was going to make it under the rear seats. but this was so cheap I went with it.

Im just not sure the bolt line up will be strong enough..?

in what way? something you was going to do?

I have mentioned a safe before, but the my previous idea differed in the sense of, I was going to make it under the rear seats. but this was so cheap I went with it.

Im just not sure the bolt line up will be strong enough..?
No I think it was a glitch on the site last night (or the Victorian internet at home) because it displayed your thread as newly started with no replies and I’d already read it days before. 

Lining the safe is now a no go.. The material all jumbles up. and doesn't look good. may well make some gun socks to fit the stripped down shotgun

Back