Urchfont

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnasher

I was looking for somewhere to shoot on Sunday 17th (after doing BSG Monthly members shoot) and I came across Urchfont Clay Pigeon Club, Near Devizes, doing 100 ESP reg (Wiltshire Championships).

Anyone shot there? What's it like? And where exactly is it? No website or postcode.

Gnasher

I've only been there once and TBH I doubt I'd remember how to get there again. I shot the Wilts DTL there last year but I haven't tried the sporting set-up.

Probably best give them a bell for directions, uinless someone else knows.

I'm heading over there, on tiptop and Clynts recommendation :D Im hoping Andys link is the right place else I'm gonna look a knob (more so than usual) on Sunday

I'm heading over there, on tiptop and Clynts recommendation :D Im hoping Andys link is the right place else I'm gonna look a knob (more so than usual) on Sunday
I will be there Fuz wheather permitting.

Thanks for the replies and the link to the web page. I'll be going if I think I can get there before 11.30am. I always like to try out new places.

Gnasher

Just had a look at the fixtures. Entries 10-11.30 and its Wiltshire county champs. How busy is that gonna be with a 1.5 hour book in time :(

Yep decided on Newbold myself, much as I like new grounds I really dont want to be hanging around forever to shoot.

Just had a look at the fixtures. Entries 10-11.30 and its Wiltshire county champs. How busy is that gonna be with a 1.5 hour book in time :(
I will be going, although there is a small window to book in,i've never experience much queing it seems to run smoothly.

Aim to get there about 11,those who shoot two shoots will be well on there way round as they will have to shoot this one first,i think thats why its such a small window to book in as they like to finish early and not have anybody turn up at 1.30-2 o'clock to start shooting.

Plus there maybe a finish time to do with the planning permission???

Wish I had done this instead of Newbold now, full review later but its gonna be scathing

Whizzed around Bisley members shoot by 10 so had time to get to Urchfont by 11.15.

Good variety of targets, lots of walking, some of it through fields, quite a steep hill to hike up. Not a ground for the unfit or infirm.

1/8 on the driven was not a good way to start but ended with a 69 which I'm ok with shooting somewhere for the first time.

Very pleased with 6/8 on stand 12. Simo pair of high wind effected crossers.

A couple of long queues towards the end and on one stand the trapper had already left when I hadn't shot it. Bumped into her in the carpark and she came back and scored it for me.

About 115 entries but only 2 ladies which is the least I've seen at a shoot in a long time

High gun 94 Ollie Baker. B class 81 I think,

C class 83!

Gnasher

I done it the other way round Gnasher, I started on stand 12 for a 1/8 ! ... Missed 1 off the tower because the sun came out at the wrong time . I thought it was a good shoot overall . I was second in C when we left on a 72 with 83 being first in C !!!

Done it the same way round as gnasher, same as on the driven 1/8 can't shoot driven at the best of times. and only 2/8 on the high crossers on stand 12.Finished up with a P.B. equaling 75 to finish joint third in C class.83 won C 79 second so not to bad.

Latest posts

Back