Music protection

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Spavo

Anyone got any thoughts on hearing protection which you can either bluetooth music into or plug a minijack to a device? Seen the below items which are cheap as hell, and with good reviews, but wondering what other people have experienced in trying to play tunes whilst shooting?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-Awesafe-Reduction-Amplification-Protection/dp/B0797SW8VZ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I wouldn’t bother, they may well be banned soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Banned in ISSF events.

That being said, when I practice I have some normal headphones inside my ear defenders. Especially when out alone, so I can keep the pace down. 

Lars

Banned in ISSF events.

That being said, when I practice I have some normal headphones inside my ear defenders. Especially when out alone, so I can keep the pace down. 

Lars
and probably soon to be banned in domestic competition too. Makes me feel a little sorry for the competitors that have spend hundreds of pounds on them.

and probably soon to be banned in domestic competition too
Pretty easy here. When shooting events "belonging" to ISSF here, the behemoth ISSF rulebook applies. Well sort of..... 🙄

Lars 

Aah, that makes sense. Sometimes forget it can be taken that seriously.
The unfortunate thing is some people will go to any lengths to win.

Some bend the rules because of their stature to there advantage.

I hesitate to call anyone a cheat but some certainly do...

I use these and they work just fine.  Built-in 'phones if you want them and comes with a patch cord

https://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-Amplification-Electronic-R-02522/dp/B00ZN51GIW/ref=sr_1_30_sspa?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1536593556&sr=1-30-spons&keywords=ear+plugs&psc=1

The unfortunate thing is some people will go to any lengths to win.

Some bend the rules because of their stature to there advantage.

I hesitate to call anyone a cheat but some certainly do...
Except, of course, practice diligently

I go to a shooting ground and SHOOT  !

I come home and relax, listening to my music on a superb Hi- Fi system !

WHY on earth, would I wish to combine the two  ??

Give some thot to how much your performance would be enhanced by the calming tunes of ambient Brian Eno, removing you from the hubbub of the nearby commoners.

Give some thot to how much your performance would be enhanced by the calming tunes of ambient Brian Eno, removing you from the hubbub of the nearby commoners.
Funny when i am shooting there could be a bomb go off and i wouldn't notice...but while reffing on Saturday i had to ask people to be quiet so i could here people call for the target.

Why do people listen to music when they run, cycle, drive, row... the list is pretty endless so I think that more than adequately explains why someone else would wish to combine the two. For me, it would be all about concentration: I can get in a rhythm, a zone when I'm doing stuff with music in the background, and different types of music give different patterns, from wanting to relax into something to be hugely more aggressive. Takes my mind away from the things immediately in front of me. Pretty much exactly what music is for isn't it?

All about choices and opinions. Similarly, personal choices might make someone decide the gun you use to shoot with is completely toilet but it doesn't mean it IS a rubbish shotgun, just what someone else would want. 😉

Cheers, I saw these and wondered if they were any good as they are about a tenth of the price of some other equivalents. 

I can only tell you that they work as well as the other muffs I have and the automatic noise reduction is just fine.  I've had no probs with them and the batts last quite a while if you remember to turn off the mic when you put them in the bag   duh! :huh:

Funny when i am shooting there could be a bomb go off and i wouldn't notice...but while reffing on Saturday i had to ask people to be quiet so i could here people call for the target.
Hey, welcome to MY World. I used to love Reffing DTL, in fact we would have a Comp. for ' The Whisperer of the Month' . There would be a force 10 blowing and it was ALWAYS pegs 1 or 5  that suddenly decided to call  "PULL"". I stood no bloody chance at all  !      :D

Imagine if I had MUSIC playing too  !

I hope he can bloody SHOUT then  !      :mosking:

Why do people listen to music when they run, cycle, drive, row... the list is pretty endless so I think that more than adequately explains why someone else would wish to combine the two. For me, it would be all about concentration: I can get in a rhythm, a zone when I'm doing stuff with music in the background, and different types of music give different patterns, from wanting to relax into something to be hugely more aggressive. Takes my mind away from the things immediately in front of me. Pretty much exactly what music is for isn't it?

All about choices and opinions. Similarly, personal choices might make someone decide the gun you use to shoot with is completely toilet but it doesn't mean it IS a rubbish shotgun, just what someone else would want. 😉

Cheers, I saw these and wondered if they were any good as they are about a tenth of the price of some other equivalents. 
I no longer run or cycle, I still drive, but do not use the Hi-Fi in the car (stops me from hearing sirens), I do occasionally 'ROW', but it is usually with someone playing loud bloomin music  ! :nono:  

Back