Mk60 stock

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roesika

Hi there anyone got a custom stock to fit a mk60, I have just bought a high pheasant gun grade 5, only four months old and the stock has cracked through the pistol grip, I sent it back to browning and because I have had a kickeeze pad fitted they weren’t interested.

Ideally something with a pistol grip style stock and I don’t mind having it altered if it is a trap stock.

Hi there anyone got a custom stock to fit a mk60, I have just bought a high pheasant gun grade 5, only four months old and the stock has cracked through the pistol grip, I sent it back to browning and because I have had a kickeeze pad fitted they weren’t interested.

Ideally something with a pistol grip style stock and I don’t mind having it altered if it is a trap stock.
Can they prove the crack occurred due to the fitting of the pad ? I rather suspect not and unless it happened because it was dropped then they will need to replace it. I personally would take it through small claims and the "not fit for purpose" route. 

I would have to agree with Hamid on this .

Browning do state that any alteration to the wood in any way invalidates their guarantee . But they are also suffering an awful lot of fractures in exactly the same area on their grade 5 wood . Small claims procedure (which most of it done by yourself paperwork wise ) usually brings a satisfactory result.. Failing that maybe Kristian at Midland Gun Services Shrewsbury could put you in touch with someone who has discarded their standard stock for a custom made one . There are bound to be a lot of S/H stocks about .

Can it be glued? Modern glues are very good and sttong with repairs often invisible. 

I would have to agree with Hamid on this .

Browning do state that any alteration to the wood in any way invalidates their guarantee . But they are also suffering an awful lot of fractures in exactly the same area on their grade 5 wood . Small claims procedure (which most of it done by yourself paperwork wise ) usually brings a satisfactory result.. Failing that maybe Kristian at Midland Gun Services Shrewsbury could put you in touch with someone who has discarded their standard stock for a custom made one . There are bound to be a lot of S/H stocks about .
They have to know its a recurring problem,a tale of a broken stock usually refers to a Grade 5 Browning/Miroku ,which is hardly surprising when you look at the wood type they use.Stick to GD 3 ,much more serviceable wood.

Paul 120, under the terms of a guarantee you really wouldn't want to be repairing it yourself would you?

Far better to get it replaced , I think a well worded legal document would have the desired solution.

A newcomer that used to contribute to this Forum,  had 2 new stocks (and forends) fitted on his grade 5 MK38.  In fact it upset him that much that I think he may have actually given up shooting  !  Thankfully Malmo Guns managed to get the damaged stocks replaced inside 2 weeks of each occurrence.

Back