Wylye Valley sg ......9-10 june

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doing this one on Sunday :D assuming that the published fixtures are right and Oxon skeet is on over the 2 days as advertised I will shoot that Sat. Bit of uncertainty over that atm but should hear from either northampton or Lynn at HQ to confirm tomoz :)

Shot Wylye today. I am an inexperienced ESP'er, so take my comments as you will. :huh:

I thought there was a very good mix of targets, fast std crosser and a slower midi to fry the brain, a few long ones, a couple disappearing into the field, and a couple up the bank that you had to get on quick or they disappeared!

Good mix of speeds and angles - I loved it!

Plenty of stands, so only 3 and 4 pairs meant you didn't have much of a chance to find any that you weren't on straight away. No idea what scores were posted today, but I think the experienced shootist should be into the 90's.

A bit windy, so some interesting flights!

And the cake.......oooooh the cake...... :D

Tony.

Anyone shot this today, was it good??
Yes, Matt and myself had a bash, horses for courses really felt I shot infront of everything I missed but it looked right, wind never helped, nothing severe there, all do-able with 1/4 choke and a good shell.that could be why my 1/2-3/4 and vipers gave me a 79 :huh: been to better but been to worst £43.00 bit heavy 190mile round trip dear day.

Only one score in the 90s when I left at 3..Richard King a 92..JJ Lee 89...scores looked generally low. 14 stands and a lot of deception with speed on the crossing and quartering targets and of course there was a pretty strong wind blowing which didn't help.....but at least it didn't rain which I was pleased about after Thursday at the Classic!!

Yes, Matt and myself had a bash, horses for courses really felt I shot infront of everything I missed but it looked right, wind never helped, nothing severe there, all do-able with 1/4 choke and a good shell.that could be why my 1/2-3/4 and vipers gave me a 79 :huh: been to better but been to worst £43.00 bit heavy 190mile round trip dear day.
If you paid £43 you paid more than anyone else Clynt. Get your sums right mate it was £42 - including the levy to the CPSA.

If you paid £43 you paid more than anyone else Clynt. Get your sums right mate it was £42 - including the levy to the CPSA.
Very defensive. I paid my £42, but it is steep for a 100clays whether we like it or not. Signage at payment was defensive as well stating CPSA levy. It is what it is - you pays your money and you makes your choice.

Shoot was good - quiet a few no birds but technicality of targets was spot on and some different angles to what I'm used to. Floor sloping away made perspective different as well - really did have to be connected with the clays. Would be interested to see a scores round up at the end of day 1 Wylye ? ;-)

just out of interest what was the cpsa levy fee?

its all there to be hit imo, im bit supprised at how low the scores are across the board, i expected a 94 to be in.

not the greatest of wylye shoots in my eyes, i think the selection from 2 years ago was a lot better.

i did a crappy 81 missing lots of targets infront, which just proves i need to get out more and learn to shoot.

anyway good food and a good day out.

that's the trouble with the 2 and the 3 very close together !!!! simple mistake with big podgy fingers, never noticed last night, did notice a few shot it B/O what did that cost ?

Emmsy CPSA levy was £3 according to the notice.

Thought it was a cracking shoot, some nice stiff targets to sort the men from the boys and also some tricky little angles that looked easy but werent. Granted a bit easier today without the wind but still tricky enough for Big Ben to drop 8.

I started very badly, body felt totally disconnected and my muzzle control was dire, was just throwing the gun allover the shop. first 8 stands I had 29 to my name with 2 1's on the card :( stupid stuff like the simo teal and l-r quartering. I only hit the teal once and that was a second barrel, on a normal day it should have been all 4 teal for a min 50%, limit the damage and move on.

Took me long enough but I realised if I kept going I would be staring down the barrel of a 40 odd so I had a wander up the lane told myself to get it together, had a chat with Ian about his long overdue new toilet block :.: and pressed on. Shot the rest with only 1 or 2 away per stand for a 60. I certainly think there was a mid 70 out there if I could have got out of the blocks, but not overly dissapointed as I managed to pull something out of nothing when in days gone by I would have crumbled into a heap.

Saw Ed S and he had put in a superb 97 which I doubt will be beaten.

My first registered in B class, really enjoyed the shoot, echo Fuz's comments, some deceptive clays. Managed to straight some of the difficult stands, and then threw some away on the easier stuff. Some of the rabbits magically morphed into kangaroos on what looked like flat ground. Finished on a 75 and was lying 4th in B when I left, so overall fairly pleased with that.

Eds' 97 was excellent, there really weren't many gimmes. Well shot Ed:)

Did Edd win it with 97 ? Big George shot 95 I Beleive, 97 though totall class Edd, will try those technics this weekend :)

Yes mate, me 97 George 95 then Ben and Richard 92.

Give it a go and let me know how you get on. You really need to do it every time you pick the gun up otherwise its a waste of time. Just cuts out variables and gives you a good base to work from.

Thanks folks!

Scores on www.wylye-shooting.co.uk

Just out of interest there were 247 entries and just short of £1300 in prize money shared over four places in each class with £150 High Gun. Thanks to everyone who took part.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back