HONESBERIE at HILL FARM SHOOTING GROUND

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
couple of target presentations I'm gonna steal for my shoot :)

I wish I could shoot like the star of the vids.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a nice sporting layout. I've been there three times and there was always a nice mixture of easy and difficult targets. I've always gone round from stand 12 to 1 and always done well from 12 to 8 and then struggled with 7 to 1. I guess they do it that way assuming you go round in the correct order and leave feeling happy with the fresh memory that you did well on the final stands.

The one thing I will say, of the three times I've been there, I've experienced a number of breakdowns on every visit. One one occasion, it was at least 20 mins waiting to fix a trap that had decided it wanted to present a flurry. The guy on the ATV ambled up to the stand but when he saw the trap was stuck launching clays, he flawed it like he was Colin McRea to save the hopper from emptying!

I like watching john wells, and his videos from around the grounds. I see he has an easyhit bead fitted to his gun and it seems to work for him ,I,m 74 and always shot with both eyes open, now I find on some targets I have to close an eye .I wonder if an easy hit bead would help me ? Any thoughts 

I like watching john wells, and his videos from around the grounds. I see he has an easyhit bead fitted to his gun and it seems to work for him ,I,m 74 and always shot with both eyes open, now I find on some targets I have to close an eye .I wonder if an easy hit bead would help me ? Any thoughts 
I think its personal, maybe try one. For me, I hated it as it made me look (focus) back at the muzzle, which is a no no..

Thanks for the info, will keep on closing my eye on some targets for a while, see how I get on .trouble is I don't have to do it all the time, it's only when I go on a stand and miss a couple I try closing my eye .

Thanks for the info, will keep on closing my eye on some targets for a while, see how I get on .trouble is I don't have to do it all the time, it's only when I go on a stand and miss a couple I try closing my eye .
Maybe make that extra effort to focus on clay not gun? Might be an issue? Best of luck.

Good morning will hewland, I am usely ok on quartering & crossers but struggle on incomers low & high. At the shooting ground sunday we had a slow incomer dropping about 3 metres in front, missed all 5 clays  . It was only a practice shoot ,so went back and had a few more to see if I could hit it ,I did and was shooting it 10 ins to the right of the  clay .any thoughts? 

Good morning will hewland, I am usely ok on quartering & crossers but struggle on incomers low & high. At the shooting ground sunday we had a slow incomer dropping about 3 metres in front, missed all 5 clays  . It was only a practice shoot ,so went back and had a few more to see if I could hit it ,I did and was shooting it 10 ins to the right of the  clay .any thoughts? 
You mean you found that you had been missing it 10" up the right; so to hit it you have to shoot 10" to the left? If this is the case: Are you left or right handed? If a leftie, then right eye dominance would cause exactly this. If right handed, then you are likely not lined up with the rib? Otherwise it would be the way you are moving towards the target..? Need to see you really..

Thanks for the reply, I am right handed, and I try to focus on the clay and shoot straight at it on close incomers. But when I went back to shoot the targets again, I had a club member stood behind me ,he observed I was shooting way up the left of the clay but to me I was dead on it ,so I aimed 10 ins to the right and hit it ? But I could shoot the same target this week, shoot straight at it and hit it .which makes me think my eye dominance changes. PS I shoot both eyes open. 

Thanks for the reply, I am right handed, and I try to focus on the clay and shoot straight at it on close incomers. But when I went back to shoot the targets again, I had a club member stood behind me ,he observed I was shooting way up the left of the clay but to me I was dead on it ,so I aimed 10 ins to the right and hit it ? But I could shoot the same target this week, shoot straight at it and hit it .which makes me think my eye dominance changes. PS I shoot both eyes open. 
Right, so you were shooting up the left, which is classic left dominance problem for a r/h shooter, yes.. Be aware of it. Staring hard at the clay may cure it, otherwise you will need to shut or obscure by lense patch for that left eye..

Thanks will , just one more thing do you shoot at honesberrie shooting ground ? Some of my shooting friends go there sometimes. Will have to go with them next time.  

Latest posts

Back