Alternative to CPSA

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rupert

Is there one, the Collect Pounds Shaft All have racked me off this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do NOT do Comps.

Do not need to have League Tables.

Not interested in having my Name or picture plastered across a magazine.

I shoot entirely for my OWN pleasure. 

I have Insurance.

Do NOT need C.P.S.A. or C.T.S.A. (whichever they finally choose)

End Of  !

5 weeks ago i booked a refs course as there was one near me, Beverley,Paid in full immediately in full blah blah,

There are 3 of us doing this, my missus and my mate.In the run up we shot at beverley one sunday, prob 3 weeks ago so asked them what crack was,a blank look and  a shrug of shoulders was the extent of there knowledge, not even aware of it being scheduled.

So as we near the date (this sat) wife emails the whats the crack question and we get an update.

" Thanks and all that garbage your course materials will be sent out 10 days before inc 70 page technical rules booklet which you must know all off"  fast forward to monday T minus 5 days and no envelope, so off we go with emails, paperwork arrives tuesday, i get to hold it tuesday night 3 days from  the course. 70 pages, quite detailed to bone up on for a closed book exam.

I phone em up, as i feel they have jeopardised my chance to pass , want a refund etc, send us an email blah blah not even an accknowledgement, they have become ostritch's. On to card provider no joy , too slow a process to dispute it so im backed into a corner .

My mate went to his office on monday in norfolk, live sheffield,hotel till thurs and return Fri, wont see his book till Friday night, we have lives, business and i have no acess to net all day. 

Just dont want to put any more money into that shower of sh*te.

5 weeks ago i booked a refs course as there was one near me, Beverley,Paid in full immediately in full blah blah,

There are 3 of us doing this, my missus and my mate.In the run up we shot at beverley one sunday, prob 3 weeks ago so asked them what crack was,a blank look and  a shrug of shoulders was the extent of there knowledge, not even aware of it being scheduled.

So as we near the date (this sat) wife emails the whats the crack question and we get an update.

" Thanks and all that garbage your course materials will be sent out 10 days before inc 70 page technical rules booklet which you must know all off"  fast forward to monday T minus 5 days and no envelope, so off we go with emails, paperwork arrives tuesday, i get to hold it tuesday night 3 days from  the course. 70 pages, quite detailed to bone up on for a closed book exam.

I phone em up, as i feel they have jeopardised my chance to pass , want a refund etc, send us an email blah blah not even an accknowledgement, they have become ostritch's. On to card provider no joy , too slow a process to dispute it so im backed into a corner .

My mate went to his office on monday in norfolk, live sheffield,hotel till thurs and return Fri, wont see his book till Friday night, we have lives, business and i have no acess to net all day. 

Just dont want to put any more money into that shower of sh*te.
What area are you in,if it is near me i will gladly bring it up at the next regional as Mr Bobbett would love to hear it from me.

Though i do have to say NF and co are on here and Stuart Oldman the operations manager is about and should be responsible for that,they seem to come out of the woodwork when somebody slates the CPSA lets see if they will be quick this time?

sorry just noticed Norfolk but i suggest getting hold of your regional representative.

I called them regarding the waiting time on my licence and was quickly fobbed off. They were happy to take my membership payment though.

Lets see, just leaves a sour taste, but what alternative do we have? we are just the cash cow.

Im no stranger to a course, in the last 12mths i have taken the IYT day skipper and IAM driving course, both shining examples of how  it should be done.

I called them regarding the waiting time on my licence and was quickly fobbed off. They were happy to take my membership payment though.
Yes our renawals are on the desk awaiting attention.

I can remember when I did my Instructors Course many years ago. I was told I had to do a Safety Officers Course and a 1 day introductory Course,  prior to my attending the  3 day residential Instructors Course. Of the 12 or so people on the Course, less than half had completed the other 2 Courses . When I raised the issue, I was quickly fobbed off with one stupid excuse after another. Remember, like the Referee's Course, all of these Courses are at the expense of the Student  !   The problem is, that, having attended and obtained the particular Certificate, the qualification is NOT recognised by any of the other Shooting Organisations.

Yeah i got the fobbing, its easy, high pass rate blah blah,  Got zero time for fobbing.

Guys - understand that you might be frustrated, but I think just slagging them off is not going to induce them to talk to us. As a potential channel for talking to them, can I politely ask that we moderate ourselves?

Thanks...

I understand your sentiment Matt but unfortunately many of us have been treated shabbily by HO and in some cases downright ignored.(took me 2 years to get information on the wonderful new computer system and then they just effectively sent me the cover sheet)

Customer relations is something the CPSA has never been big on but it just seems to get worse and now it seems we are being besieged by telemarketers trying to get people to renew instead of actually providing a service that people want!

As far as people go they have everything arse about face.

I have every sympathy - on the flipside, when I have dealt with the CPSA I find them forthright and honest in every way. 

That doesn't mean I agree with everything they do, and I have been constructively critical of some of their work. 

That said, phrases like 'high-quality BS' or 'Collect Pounds Shaft All' are not going to get a positive answer out of anyone, despite the organisation and their jobs, these people are human beings who deserve civility and politeness.   There are many people in shooting who seem extremely quick to anger and insults,  and that's entirely their right - I'd encourage them to deliver those messages through private communications and not on a (semi-public) forum, however justified they feel. 

I suspect that no-one at the CPSA is paid to hang out on a forum and offer communications - so we're not entitled to responses here.  We'd probably get more engagement from officers of the CPSA if we didn't treat them as the enemy. 

Just my opinion of course. 

It's all quite simple really guys!!! If you are not bothered about having your scores recorded and are not bothered about registered comps, then don't bother with the CPSA. When it comes to insurance, technical or legal issues, then BASC are excellent as far as I'm concerned!

Taken me 15 years to get this pissed off and most of what i have said on here has been said to various officers of the company.

The replies you get in person are the same BS you get online and they do not like being questioned or queried on anything and can't seem to understand when people don't blindly agree with everything they say.

The reason i added the 'high-quality BS' is that they all popped up to defend their crap in another thread when they felt they were being dissed yet fail completely to communicate directly in a timely fashion thus proving they can manage an almost immediate response when they want to.

I am still waiting for a response to the question on the amount of money they have wasted on legal costs....i won't be holding my breath.

Do the Cpsa note scores form this organisation? http://www.scta.co.uk/index.php/classifications

What do the Scottish lads do when they shoot in the south?
They certainly do, as well as the WCTSA. Assuming you live in England and don't wish to represent your county or country there's no need to join the CPSA. You'll get the same benefits joining the Welsh or Scottish equivalent bar a monthly magazine. It's cheaper too.

They certainly do, as well as a he WCTSA. Assuming you live in England and don't wish to represent your county or country there's no need to join the CPSA. You'll get the same benefits joining the Welsh or Scottish equivalent bar a monthly magazine. It's cheaper too.
Welsh is 60gbp Scottish 52GBP so a little cheaper...advantage a magazine that you will get through in 2 sessions on the throne?

Time for a viable UK wide alternative but that means a large financial backer so not much chance

Back