First ESK reg at Riverside - what's it like?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdLyons

Hi everyone - so i fancy having a go at some Skeet on Saturday and Riverside is not too far away from me, has anyone shot there and what's it like?!

Thanks in advance!

Ed

Found the range difficult for some reason and shot my lowest reg sckre there. No particular reason why.

Interesting - tricky backgrounds/odd angles? Or just one of those things?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ed,

I've shot here several times. Nice ground, nice people and nice targets.

I have shot a ton here so no pressure.....

enjoy!

Very friendly each time I have been, but also very haphazard, squad not going out on time because regulars wanted to practice, button box "been doing that for ages" ref who "doesn't usually do skeet" , the wife once ended up reffing a squad as there was no one else ( she is qualified). if you are sensitive to target speed a registered shot on a day sharing with NASA will likely be at Nasa speed! Unlike Simon I have never had a ton there but then I haven't had tons half the places he has.

Enjoy and hope it is brilliant.

To be honest, I didn't think much of it. The ground's facilities are very basic although I didn't stray any further than portakabin clubhouse. The staff were a little odd, not rude but a little unwelcoming. That said, it was the first time i'd been there, they may be much more pleasant to those they know.

I shot English skeet (not something I normally do as I much prefer NSSA). The targets were on the quick side and a little irregular. Had it of been a competition I wouldn't have shot them but as I was only there for a knock about it didn't really matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, after hours of glorious morning sunshine, i arrived at Riverside as the wind and rain rolled in...

There were two layouts, the left as you look at them appearing "the best" as had been indicated to me previously  (thanks Greg!) - the right had a 25 bird Compact on which seemed to take the best part of three weeks to complete.

After encountering the initial strangeness, i jumped on the end of a reg squad and met a really nice bunch of people.

Then I saw the MC Esher-esque background, which, combined with pink clays, driving wind and rain and "generous" target speed made me very glad i'd only booked 25 practice. It was difficult, but great fun, so much so i shot another three rounds and then 50 SKT Doubles, by which time id just about got used to the speed and movement of the clays due to the wind.

The gent doing the scoring was really nice, and offered to bring his 20 bore for my girlfriend to have a shoot with next time we go, and we definitely will :D

Hopefully the "perfect targets" at Park Farm this Thursday will look like unmissable dustbin lids!

Latest posts

Back