Tony Warsop Memorial Shoot - 30th June Woodlands Pursuits

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob_P

This will be the third shoot held in memory of Tony Warsop, the longstanding chairman of Guildford Gun Club who died of cancer too young in 2010. The reason I am posting this here is that it is a fabulous day out, shooting at Woodlands Pursuits near Reigate in Surrey. The ground is owned and run by Alex Cobb, and must be one of the most idyllic settings for a clay shoot. A well kept pathway meanders through some quite dense woodland, with permanent stands offering a good variety of targets, including a high tower. The ground is well known for the "Warren", three rabbit traps and a rat, with targets from 4 metres to about 35 metres. You shoot a sequence of singles and on report bunnies, plus rats, for 16 targets. The shoot will be 100 birds, non registered, on Saturday 30th June.

This year the club has decided to welcome guests. Entries are £47.50 which includes morning bacon buttie, with a quality BBQ in the marquee after shooting. The BBQ is good stuff, steak, chicken, sausages and a variety of salads.. This is not a charity shoot as such, but the Roy Castle Lung Cancer fund gets a donation. Places will need to be booked, and paid for in advance, so that we can get the numbers right for the caterers.

Meet at the ground 9:30 for bacon buttie and coffee

Shooting starts at 10:00

BBQ in the marquee after shooting,.

Bit of a prizegiving and raffle

Bring your own alcohol if you want to wash down your lunch.

If anyone is interested in getting a squad together, or you have any questions, please post here.

Bob

I'm up for this.

It's always a great shoot and it's a fantastic ground and some testing targets along the way but fantastic scenery.

I have shot Woodlands maybe 4 or 5 times and really enjoy it.

The bacon butties and BBQ are also excellent.

Hope to see some of you there :) Myself, Bob_P and Woo_P will definitely be there :)

Cheers,

Jon.

Yeah - I'm in, you guys have been talking me into checking this ground out for a while...

I'll sort this, give me a day or two to sort out how we can handle the payments. At worst I'll pay up front and you can pay me back.

It is a lot of fun, especially the warren...

Bob

Book me in for this one :) I'll pay you at the E/O if thats easiest???? Is it ok for non-shooting guests/drivers for after I have washed my lunch down :D will gladly pay for bbq. Also would a bottle of something go down well for the raffle?

Last edited by a moderator:
£15 for food only guests. Great BBQ. Anyone wishing to go can let Bob or Jon know. Cheques payable to Guildford & District Gun Club, or cash. Entries by Sunday 27th, happy to have confirmations by then with money to follow shortly after. Squads of six, and will keep forum members together when I arrange it. Daren O'Toole (Secretary) 07557 980660

I've been asked to confirm some numbers for this, so far we have:

Jon Skeet

Matt

Fuz +1 non shooter

Teepee

Jem

Bob & Wendy

Can all please confirm they will be coming, I will sort payments out shortly.

Any more for any more?

I'm definitely coming but may have to sort out with Daren as I'm a member of GGC ;)

We will speak in the am :)

Jon.

I've been asked to confirm some numbers for this, so far we have:

Jon Skeet

Matt

Fuz +1 non shooter

Teepee

Jem

Bob & Wendy

Can all please confirm they will be coming, I will sort payments out shortly.

Any more for any more?
Yep deffo in as above :D

Great to see the support. I shall put all 7 of you in the one squad. Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Back