Optic clarity

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sir missalot

Whilst I appreciate a pair of pilla etc glasses wont instantly add numbers to a score card,would using a pair of lesser quality lenses have an effect the other way?

Whilst I appreciate a pair of pilla etc glasses wont instantly add numbers to a score card,would using a pair of lesser quality lenses have an effect the other way?
I'm not particularly sensitive to the colours of various lenses or their supposed enhancement of shades but you can't deny the clarity of the better glasses. Over the years I have owned a few cheap shooting sets and one or two expensive ones including Pilla, same with regular driving or casual glasses and the more expensive ones are definitely more optically clear. 

I don't believe a really cheap set is a wise move but those retailing around £50-£60 would be OK for casual use, if you intend to shoot in glasses regularly then I would advise one of the better rip off sets. 

I think we cannot be too careful with the care of eyes and ears, so getting the best one can afford is probably good sense.

I personally do think that Pilla , whilst good are probably not the best value for money and I would lean towards Randolphs or Oakleys.

But whilst saying that I do not use any of them. I use safety glasses supplied by my former employer which I have found to be excellent.

Really any questions such as this should be directed towards a Sports Optician, such as Ed Lyons.

Latest posts

Back