Contact Lenses for shooting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmthompson93

Afternoon,

Im looking at the possibility of getting disposable contact lenses to wear when shooting that way I can get a standard off the shelf set of oakleys for shooting in, are there any negatives or benefits of wearing contacts with off the shelf glasses or would I be better getting prescription glasses ?

Lee

I asked Ian Peel why he used contacts + standard lens. He said because the focal point is always in the right place. :aww:

I use daily disposables Contac lenses  for distance only , very comfortable  great for driving / shooting  , I believe Mr ed lyons dose too ,  my prescription is +300 and + 2.50  ?   well I certainly see the clay sail into the sunset when I miss ,  contacs give me a different sight picture as opposed to prescription shooting glasses  with my gun ,  sweat aint a problem and they don't steam up . !    so yeah give em a go .   :cool:      

I use daily disposables, best thing to have. Good for in the rain when you can get away with no glasses, better choice for regular glasses. Just make sure your hands are very clean when you put them in and take them out. You just need to persevere the first few times till you get used to getting them in and out.

Well worth the trouble though.

The way to go. Mrs jasper uses daily disposables. Easy to get new ones if your prescription changes.uses them with the Oakley's as you want to no probs at all.

Best thing to do is try them and see (literally!) dailies can work really well from a comfort and hygiene perspective - just need to ensure the prescription is tuned up for shooting.

If there is any astigmatism in your prescription it can mean the lenses may need to be a little more complex, feel free to pm me if you encounter any issues.

And remember, if you need any regular shooting specs once you're kitted out with your contacts, Shootclayers get a discount off me :D

Ed

Ed (Lyons), when you say "tuned up for shooting" how different would this be to a regular prescription used by someone who is short sighted, and with no astigmatism worth talking about?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ed I have astigmatism and was wondering if it was possible to wear contacts, what do i need to check out?

Just ensure that if there is some astigmatism its corrected properly and that the lenses feel comfy when your head is in a shooting position as sometimes they can move.

Occasionally one eye can be corrected better than the other so make sure your dominant eye is nice and clear ?

Deano- if you feel you can tolerate having lenses in then there isn't really any prescription barrier to correcting the astigmatism, lots of the "standard" lens brands work pretty well, then there are gas permeable a and Duette options, and then custom made softs - go try 'em!

Latest posts

Back