A colour for every occasion ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salop sniper

Folks,

Those who use coloured lenses..... Do you use a colourd lense every time you shoot or on some occasions do you just use a clear lense on some days /targets ?

ATB

Matt

tried em all now only use clear whatever the conditions. Imo uk light is to changeable from minute to minute so whatever colour you put on is wrong five mins later. Plus personally I have yet to find a colour that makes the target any more visible. Only my opinion from my experience and as we know were all different.

I use coloured lenses - orange/pink enhancing ones which do enhance the targets for me.  The nearest to clear I have is a pale yellowy/green lens.  

I use N69jobsworth and Rs666pedantics, they sure do stop the whingers who mutter tis supposed to be a reg shoot.

I've only used clear lenses up until now. That said, I've just bought a new pair of Oakley's "Military Spec Ops Ballistic blah blah blah" M2 frames, as they seem to fit my big fat face rather nicely, and they've come with interchangeable lenses (the box has clear lenses, and grey ones for brighter conditions). They really are comfy, by the way if anyone's considering them.

Having tried to read around the subject, are there actually any lens colours that make a meaningful difference when shooting at clays (I tend to shoot sporting, so am generally poking at black clays against a greenish background), or does it basically come down to 'everyone's eyes are different', and pink/yellow lenses etc are really just a case of personal preference? I can't tell if there's a definitive answer, but I'm interested in folks' experiences with different lens colours.

I think diffrent coloured lenses help ,like on sunday at beverly sport trap i put the purple lenses in my rangers and they enhanced the targets alot for me could pick them up earlier i was on a sqaud with a shooter wearing Some  clear lenses an he was saying he couldn't pick up some of the targets (orange)  untill last minute also when shen shooting the black clays i find the orange hd better ,but i suppose everyone is different ... 

Latest posts

Back