Hidefspex

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Jones

Hi, 

I am wondering if anyone has a lense for the panther post for sale, I am after a purple lense but have shopped around and can't afford a new one.

fingers crossed?

So you want a purple lens...or any lens?

I doubt you will find many people selling their purple lenses, including me. Ed Lyons is pretty cheap

I used to wear these things before I had to go prescription. I favoured max orange 40 for almost everything. I know the purple is the prettiest lens.. But has anybody actually rationalised its benefits over the other colours? Genuine question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Send Ed Lyons a message - he may have 1 available.

I used to wear these things before I had to go prescription. I favoured max orange 40 for almost everything. I know the purple is the prettiest lens.. But has anybody actually rationalised its benefits over the other colours? Genuine question.
Will, I find that the purple lenses dull the contrast of the background(s) making it easier for my eyes to pick out the clay,  be it black or blaze.

The other colours that I have (yellow & vermillion) don't do this for me.

I was having issues with Blaze on woodland background. Now I have the 46N, this is very much improved and general visibility of clays is improved.

​Will the background to most of the grounds I shoot at is trees and therefore in the summer green coloured. I personally think that the deep purple lens for my Randolphs is the most effective by far, in the winter when the leaves have fallen I use the orange or sometime the vermillion lens.

Have a look at  Castellani. I have been told the same shade of  purple as Panthers and less expensive.  They certainly look similar. 

I have concluded the best option all things considered is ones naked eye. Many layouts I shoot on have multi coloured back ground ie grass then ploughed feild then sky therefore whatever lens you use is wrong for one of them. If I could find a good quality clear pair with no visible bridge that is what I would wear all the time. 

I have concluded the best option all things considered is ones naked eye. Many layouts I shoot on have multi coloured back ground ie grass then ploughed feild then sky therefore whatever lens you use is wrong for one of them. If I could find a good quality clear pair with no visible bridge that is what I would wear all the time. 
​Pilla do a clear lense.

Will

I would prefer to move away from pilla I have a full set of panther no post but I do find them a tad heavy. 

I did have a really good pair of top quality safety glasses optically perfect which is unusual however I broke them and could not replace them as I was given them on a site once by the HS bloke in the permits office. Every one I have seen since have been rubbish.

Did I ever say I hate having to wear safety glasses for shooting but those going away OT targets are very dangerous ;)

Will

I would prefer to move away from pilla I have a full set of panther no post but I do find them a tad heavy. 

I did have a really good pair of top quality safety glasses optically perfect which is unusual however I broke them and could not replace them as I was given them on a site once by the HS bloke in the permits office. Every one I have seen since have been rubbish.

Did I ever say I hate having to wear safety glasses for shooting but those going away OT targets are very dangerous ;)
​When you say heavy, do you mean on the nose? the early ones had a horrible little nose rest which dug in. Later ones had bigger nicer ones, which you can obtain separately.

Just generally heavy and a bit tight on the temples. Yes mine are the later ones will with the full nose bridge thing that you bend to fit but I have never been able to get a propper comfy fit.

There must be something suitable out there. ?

​Take one 46N, add 1 tin of Brasso, 1 polishing cloth and a good degree of elbow grease..................Simples !      :cool:

Just generally heavy and a bit tight on the temples. Yes mine are the later ones will with the full nose bridge thing that you bend to fit but I have never been able to get a propper comfy fit.

There must be something suitable out there. ?
They do them in 4 or 5 frame sizes I found out this week

Well I never knew that you learn something new every day.

Cheers 

Latest posts

Back