Cartridge choice

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papa

Hi all , I'm curious to what cartridges you carry for a Fitasc shoot . I have been using Pro ones 8 and are pleased with them but was wondering if I needed something for the odd extreme range and maybe something for very close in too . What do you think ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

yep, stick to one thing, 1/2 and full chokes, 28gm 7`s if you can get, and a few 8`s maybe fibre for sillies ,,!   if you miss past 10 yards you will miss anyway, regardless of chokes and cartridges.

yep, stick to one thing, 1/2 and full chokes, 28gm 7`s if you can get, and a few 8`s maybe fibre for sillies ,,!   if you miss past 10 yards you will miss anyway, regardless of chokes and cartridges.
5 individual options and err.. can't work out how many permutations. Much too complex!

no options mate ,only choice is 2 cartridges!

7plastic or 8 fibre .

Last edited by a moderator:
no options mate ,only choice is 2 cartridges!

7plastic or 8 fibre .
And the chokes.. Even if they stay in the tubes, they are quite different, so barrel selector switching will be quite a distraction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only ever use one cartridge, 7 1/2's for everything, gun is fixed choke at tight halves, so if it's pointing in the right direction the target is dead, if not then I miss it...

Guys please enlighten me - I assume those are English chart sizes you are talking about?

Apart from my over kill on .410 rounds 28g 8s is all I shoot at everything clay based.
post-359-142122376541.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421223759.301681.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421223759.301681.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 0
Well Madmatt, you have come up in my estimation! you are thinking like a Fitasc shooter now!

I would like to know who taught you to think straight? :crazy:  

Will, maybe you are right about chokes, I never found it to be mentally taxing to work out which way round ! .many years of Fitasc later, with some close and very far birds in the mix, I found it was a benefit..  don`t forget there is one bite at the cherry with FITASC,,, not like ESP where you may get 5 pairs to learn on,

,i have not seen any extreme targets in the uk yet,  although I`m sure I will !!!

Thank you. Guys around here are mostly into 7's (Clever, RC, Fiocchi, Hull). Any idea what the effective range of 8's (2.2 mm) is?

Certainly 40 yards plus  English 8's are the best cartridge for English Sporting,  :hunter:

Latest posts

Back