Chokes for the nearly blind

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

Being long sighted, the glasses I shoot in make close vision pretty rubbish. My beretta chokes have no colours and are really hard to identify. Luckily I have a laser etching machine at work! The photo doesn't show it that well, but they are very clear when held.

Not sure why the photo is rotated 90 degrees..

post-76-0-46034600-1417735277.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
There's a new business right there Will. Choke personalisation. As well as marking them for constriction you could also do identifying marks to prove ownership if they are lost or stolen?

Being long sighted, the glasses I shoot in make close vision pretty rubbish. My beretta chokes have no colours and are really hard to identify. Luckily I have a laser etching machine at work! The photo doesn't show it that well, but they are very clear when held.

Will, my eyesight is exellent and I struggled to read them before I painted the little grove at the end of the chokes with model enamel paint...I would have muck preferred, and did think about laser etching, but I don't have access to a laser etching machine. Good job, well done!!!

Good job,many of us will have the same problem no doubt !

I struggle to read the markings on most chokes when wearing my shooting distance glasses,it

leads to some stands being shot with strange choices at times ......

Will.....will you etch darlings as he is blind as a bat....

In fact at EJC I told him ...different colour elastic bands..!!

There's a new business right there Will. Choke personalisation. As well as marking them for constriction you could also do identifying marks to prove ownership if they are lost or stolen?
You can put anything on of course. It does take a bit of manual setting up, so rather uneconomical to do one offs and custom jobs (given that the machine and it's operator is flat out doing other work). But if you had a batch, doing same markings, it's shelling peas.

The joys of owning an engineering company!

Great job, could be onto something there :nyam:

For me its leave the 1/2's in all the time and if they need to be changed make sure the little fella is with me :haha:

Yea I've tried that..... always mange to scratch it off when changing the chokes, then my fingers aren't quite matching the colour of my skeet vest   :crazy:

Yes, muller obviously has a near-blind head designer. Beretta obviously feel other shooters should not be able to see what you are using. Or indeed for you to know yourself!

Yes, muller obviously has a near-blind head designer. Beretta obviously feel other shooters should not be able to see what you are using. Or indeed for you to know yourself!
Of course Beretta do provide a coloured band on their Optima extended chokes which instead of becoming an eye sight test ( assuming you are not colour blind) becomes a memory test instead!

DT

Nick Thompson at Prestige Laser Services in Brighton has done some custom engraving for some of my customers and is quite reasonably priced. You can contact him via: 01273 911550 or on [email protected].

Latest posts

Back