Grimsthorpe 9-11-14

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy Baker

Paid a visit to Grimsthorpe this Sunday.

Massive entry proving that if the ground throws a good target then shooters will come.

Entires coming from as far away as Manchester and Blackpool.

One thing I like to see is the Ground omers out checking things are going well. Always interested to see how shooters are enjoying the day.

Started on the pool for a warm up.

10/12 dropped one of a tough sim.

Then didn't shoot at on of a report pair (RTFM) so happy there.

We wondered past one and two as the queues were fair to huge.

Up the hill to 3

Close but fast R/L report slow L/R

A lot misread this pair and were behind the first.

Next was a typical Grimy pair.

Cracking R/L battue followed by a dipping incoming looping midi.

Thus followed a great mix of targets.

Concentration was needed as the waiting took it's toll if you weren't on the ball when it was your turn.

I was beaten by one far away dropping bird that needed a lot under it to hit it.

The shoot was won on 96 by Sean Bramley.

I managed 84 letting maybe four or five slide which won my class and £65.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well shot Jem!

Physically I also was at Grimsthorpe yesterday.... mentally I think I was in the Bahamas though :D

Cracking ground, even better targets but didn't do them justice at all this time.

Looking forward to returning :)

Was a great shoot! And my first Registered as a CPSA member. Shame I had to wait over an hour to shoot 2 stands because it was that busy, and I shot quite poorly overall too! However, I enjoyed the day, Grimsthorpe always put on nice targets in their beautiful woods!

Think I was just behind you and Taylor in the queues for a few of the first stands Nick?! After stand 4, I jumped ahead a few stands to try and spread the crowds out.

Well shot Jeremy! and a fantastic High gun score too!

We started on Stand 3 Simon; I knew then that it was going to be a rough day in the office ;) Nevertheless great company, fab targets and a necessary kick up the backside prior to the Winter :)

Also really enjoyed the shoot. Great that they seem to be holding regular shoots again, looking forward to the next FITASC sporting. It was a bit like the old days, with I think over 250 entries. Yes there was some waiting but what can they do, already having 14 stands to give variety and spread things out!

Good to see a fantastic ground supported so well!

Latest posts

Back