First foray into Fitasc

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sian

Decided, or rather Tony decided it was time for me to have a go at Fitasc so I chose Southdown 2nd November, 25 bird open Fitasc to venture into the Fitasc world.   Tony deemed the targets to be quite good - I would not have a clue.  The weather was rather windy at the time of shooting and probably did not help me much.  A little anxious to begin with but my squad comprised myself, Tony and a lovely young man called Billy so not too worrying.  I know the ref and he was very kind in explaining everything to me.

At the first hoop, all I could think about was having the gun in the right place and so everything else went out the window, foot stance, where the gun should be to start off, thinking about where I was going to get the target etc etc.  By the second hoop I had decided I was not really enjoying this very much despite everyone encouraging me and by the third hoop I started to relax just a little.  Ended up with 12/25.   I will give it another go but not ready for 100 yet.  Quite liked just doing the 25.

Well Sian, I am glad you had ago and I think that 25 targets was enough for starters. ( some of the "experts" will poo hoo this)

Its a bit of a head job when you first go in the hoop but it will get easier as time goes on, dn't be intimidated by the referees bcause

if you let them know you are a newbie most will help you.  Keep taking the medicine! :crazy:

Hi Sian, i wouldn't say that you went to the easiest ground to start with, it is well known that the targets are set up for the AA class shooters, so when you hit 12 out of 25 that it is not bad for your first go. Dont give up it will get better. You want to shot a 100 bird registered shoot, then you will be put into your own class, you wouldn't have to worry about your score so much as you are shooting in a class with people like yourself.

Regards,

Hotshot rasher

CPSA 50

Well Sian, I am glad you had ago and I think that 25 targets was enough for starters. ( some of the "experts" will poo hoo this)

Its a bit of a head job when you first go in the hoop but it will get easier as time goes on, dn't be intimidated by the referees bcause

if you let them know you are a newbie most will help you.  Keep taking the medicine! :crazy:
Thank you shootinguru.  When I think about it today, Billy who was an excellent shot did take his time to set himself up and I think I just rushed it.  The ref was lovely and very encouraging.  I will definitely have another go and 25 will be enough for a few goes I think.

Hi Sian, i wouldn't say that you went to the easiest ground to start with, it is well known that the targets are set up for the AA class shooters, so when you hit 12 out of 25 that it is not bad for your first go. Dont give up it will get better. You want to shot a 100 bird registered shoot, then you will be put into your own class, you wouldn't have to worry about your score so much as you are shooting in a class with people like yourself.

Regards,

Hotshot rasher

CPSA 50
Thank you.  It is not my score I care about but more following the rules properly and having the gun in the right place.  As Tony keeps saying I need to just practise a bit every day in the living room until it becomes second nature.

Hi Sian, i would recormend that you book yourself up for a lesson with someone, like Carl Bloxham? Before you get into bad habits, he will put you right from the start, he is a very nice chap.

Regards

Hotshot rasher. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sian, i would recormend that you book yourself up for a lesson with someone, like Carl Bloxham? Before you get into bad habits, he will put you right from the start, he is a very nice chap.

Regards

Hotshot rasher. 
Got my own "good habits" type of guy at home - I just need to listen to him more, my stubborn nature :)

Well done Sian. Get back out there and don't worry about any score. Just enjoy the ones you hit. 

Well done Sian :thumbsup:   and good for you to dip your toe in the water with the fitasc, as guru and the others have said don't worry about the score just go and enjoy the experience first and have fun.

I can remember when guru ran his shoots and gave cheaper entry to newbie's so you could try the discipline and encourage more to take it up which was great and forward thinking in those days its a pity some don't think the same way now(tin hat on ), and thank him for introducing me to it and getting to enjoy it, which I still do along with the friends you make along the way. Now I better stop praising guru or he'll get all soft and say something nice  :laugh:

Oooops sorry for a bit of a drift :crazy:

:fie:  How can I say anything nice about a shortassed Welsh git? :crazy:     (sorry Gareth :crazy:  )

:fie:  How can I say anything nice about a shortassed Welsh git? :crazy:     (sorry Gareth :crazy:  )
Well you did say sorry you  short arsed Old english git  :haha:    Cyril  :laugh:  hope you are keeping well and still not wanted in crete 

First time I met Billy, he is a young man and I know he is in B class for sporting but he won't be there long as he showed very promising shooting.  I don't know his surname.  Quite a tall chap.

Latest posts

Back