50 Bird Open Shoot

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody

Hello everyone.

Our small but growing shoot is putting on an open sporting shoot to raise funds for another trap or two.

Set in some lovely countryside just outside Hastings we have plenty of space and scope to grow our small but friendly shoot.

It would be great if any of you could come and support us.

Thanks

Ben

SHOOT_POSTER-page-001.jpg

nice of you to ask three times!,,,,

will hopefully be there,,,    won't make this sunday again tho',, will be in devon!

Just giving my shoot a little bump.

I made a bridge to cross a drainage ditch so I could open a new stand.  A clearing in the woods perfect for some Teal.

Don't make my handy-work be in vein :)

Here it is.  With my dog Woody about to christen that corner of it by the looks of it.

bridge.jpg

Also..... I see from your profile under your name you have a mk38.  I have been shooting a beretta 682 GE for about 4 years.  No help checking gun fit or anything.  Just picked it up and got on with it.  I have always struggled with some targets.  Driven, going away, quartering.

I picked up my mates mk38 grade 5 32" sporter.  Man, what a gun.  I loved it.  I want one.  It put my head in a much better position for shooting.

Not many second hand ones at Potters, but if you're happy with Grade 1 timber and 32" barrels they are listing the MK38 new at £1580 and I'm sure he'd knock a bit off that (they have done with the six different guns that we've bought there between us).

I'm popping in today.  Would be wrong of me not to look at other guns, even though I like the miroku.

To be honest I would want the nicer wood :)

Think they've got a Grade 5 Mk70 second hand.  Just get a shift on, I'm looking forward to my new chokes ;-)

Final week before Stonestile Clay club's open shoot on sunday 5th.

I think everything is organised, including some good weather. 

Would be great if any local Kent or Sussex (or anywhere....) shooters came on down to support a little club that is trying to grow a bit.

Cheers

Ben

photo2.jpg

Please, please make the effort to come along.  Otherwise I'll end up skint, as if it's quiet I'll be able to go round at least three times and have a couple of goes on the flush.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything is going to plan so far, Jim. Which is a little bit worrying. I'm sure I'll forget something.

Fingers crossed a few punters turn up.

Mr Digweed only lives 5 miles away. Maybe if I tweet him he'll come :)

well, if you part with a grand,,,,,, he might.         :blind:

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Sun's out and the sky is clear.  Looks like it's going to be a good one.  Really looking forward to the driven flush.

I'd just like to thank Ben for a cracking day yesterday.  Good targets (even that low, dipping crosser that caught everyone out) in a lovely setting and we couldn't have asked for better weather.  Highlight for me was the flush, fantastic fun and I even found myself shooting gun down, something I never normally do.

Thanks Jen. Couldn't have done it without you, Steve, Jim, and the faithful posse.

It was a good day. Good shooting and cracking weather.

Could have done with a few more entries but hey-ho......from little acorns.

We will aim to get 2 bigger shoots on the calendar for next year. One late spring, one late summer. Maybe get involved in that clubman league too.

Well, now I have started shooting I will definitely pop along to the next one, as you said from little acorns etc,

Regards

Mike

Back