World Fitasc Sporting C/ship

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootinguru

Who is booked into the World Fitasc C/ship in Portugal (July) and where are you staying?

Well I guess that I must have p*ssed a lot of  wannabees Fitasc shooters off on here recently? :crazy:  never mind I've shot in a 3 man squad before!    

Just a thought, I do wear deodorant! :crazy:

Well you will have Fiocchi cartridges to shoot out there.... as I was talking to Portugal's Mr Armusa whilst out there for the last 10 days.

You will also have Hull.

Just thought any of you would like to know.

Gamebore shells will also be available in Portugal this year - just for balance  :biggrin:

Thought that there is plenty of balance already...Fiocchi, Hull, Armusa, Escopeta, J&G, and Texiera 'specials'....but yes....sling another one in.

:laugh:

Cyril you may be the grumpiest shooter there, but at least not the oldest. I see Tom Sebring has entered. A few years since I've seen him but he must be around 85 now. Tough going in that heat! Say hello to Joe and Wilbur for me.

Best Wishes

Leigh

Cyril you may be the grumpiest shooter there, but at least not the oldest. I see Tom Sebring has entered. A few years since I've seen him but he must be around 85 now. Tough going in that heat! Say hello to Joe and Wilbur for me.

Best Wishes

Leigh
Aaaah..!! Tom and Betty.....stayed with me last time they shot a major in Blighty..!!

Leigh, Tom Sebring is the best ambassidor for the USA involved in clay shooting!  Lovely old guy and brilliant shot, I will give him your regards and to Joe C and to the great Wilbur Fennell esq .,    Its time you and I went back to the States and educated them a little more ?

If Tom has time to get his gun on the target he will usually hit it.

Incidentally I came across a profile of his father, what an interesting life he lead. In the first war world war he was twice awarded the silver star (USAs 3rd highest military honour) and the Croix de Guerre and Corde de Fourragere from the French. He was an outstanding athlete and university (American) football coach. After practicing in law he became a judge and served the Florida supreme court becoming chief justice and in addition sat on the Nuremburg War Trials. On retirement he became Dean of Stetson University College of Law.

That old buggertried to steal my 'homespun'  (jersey made of sheepswool home spun so very warm and bulky) when he was in NZ for the World FITASC.

He is a wonderful character and made the trip despite 9/11 and told all that would listen that no terrorist would stop him doing what he wanted.

In fact the Super Vets were the only Team to travel from the USA to NZ, all others (understandably) pulled out as did all of the European Teams!!

GD made an excellent speech on terrorists and the stopping of people following their passions and business's around the globe, very inspiring! 

Love to meet up again, one in a million!!!!

Ron

I thought GB managed to field full teams at the event. European representation was very sparse though but Veronique Girardet from France did win the Ladies. The individual Super Vets was won by another great USA character the late Ray Newman.

Best wishes

Leigh

:fie:  Yeah!  It was the "Yanks" and "Frogs that chickened out! :fie:   The Brits are always looking to fight someone elses war! :crazy:

LeighH to be absloutely honest I don't remember. The USA Super Vets yes and Veronique was here, most Kiwi's hadn't seen such a petite woman handle a gun like her with such style and ability.

I do seem to vaguely remember some of them here along with GD, but cannot remember results except John Younger (great Aussie bloke) thought he had it in the bag with GD having to shoot 50/50 to win. He did!!! Johnny's best chance ever at a big FITASC event. At least Aussie has one winner from a Worlds.

Sorry that I cannot make Portugal, BUT USA is being planed and aweek of shooting, coupled with a couple (or more) of those awful USA beers beckons, only a year away!!!   

Syreel, we are staying at the Palacio Réal in Lisboa. If you are staying nearby, I will chauffer you to the range in a much nicer car than in Morocco! BTW, there is NO sh*trazz in Portugal! Also, RC is available and is the world's most consistent shotshell or metallic shell!

Henry

Latest posts

Back