Wylye 100 bird 13th may

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonky70

Hey guys three of us have decided to shoot this date at this venue thought I would put it on here and ask others to see if anyone else is keen to join us

The lads keen :D and good on ya! TBH I dont tend to plan too far in advance but its a maybe ;)

Just thought I would give people plenty of notice . plus it's the only time the three of us can meet up do to commitments

I'm also a maybe.

Really hope today didn't put you off but as you can see there is a huge difference between straw bale birds and registered ones; it's a very steep learning curve but also very rewarding.

SKT and 14 also wasn't ideal but was the best combination we could muster as your 12 (M) was oval and dangerous to use. 14 and 12 would be a good combo to stick with at a minimum for registered, if you can afford them a pair of 38 or 12 would be ideal then just stick with them until you can hit over 80% consistently.

The more experience you get the more relaxed you will become, you should be really happy with the way you shot the simmo teals today!

Wylye are open Saturdays and if you can I would advise having a lesson with Rob6500 if you can and it will be a far better value than throwing lead down range. A lesson I learnt the hard way.

How you enjoyed the day :) Was good to meet you!

Jon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was good meeting you and andy today and no it hasn't put me off I'm wanting more . and I've spoken to rob about a lesson before but things happened and couldn't make the lesson but I will be booking in with him though and I really enjoyed today I'm a bit pissed about my choke and how much would the chokes cost that you have recommend

Thanks andy just looked at those sites but don't understand all the different ones may need help getting the right ones

if they are 2 inches long flush fitting they are mobil if longer flush fitting optima :)

Thanks andy just looked at those sites but don't understand all the different ones may need help getting the right ones
Tonky, whatever chokes you have in, they wont be costing you too many missed targets. Maybe 5 per hundred if they are really wrong? Dont get fixated.. Its 99% about where you point the gun. The biggest factor with chokes is how WELL they break a target; much less WHETHER they do..

CSC3

Mine are optima chokes I think if anyone looks at the spec for a 2012 sp1 sporter 30" thats what I have

Tonky,

I shot a browning so have no idea on Berretta choke types, then the choice will be if you want flush, exteneded or extended ported. I think yours were flush with the end of the barrel. My chokes are extended Briley which stick out the end of the barrel, or if you can get them from the States, like Jon, a Briley salad spinner exteneded choke.

Andy

Tonky,

Really don't worry about chokes, 14 and 12 would be good, see if you can get the oval choke replaced then put it in the top barrel and forget about it.

At the point you are at just get the above and stick with them and learn to shoot. I'm just passing on the fundamentals I was given and really work.

You are happy with the gun, you are happy with the Blue Diamonds fit the chokes and then leave them there unless cleaning them. If the clay doesn't break it's down to pilot error :)

There wasn't a target out there today that couldn't be broken with 38.

You would be far better off investing in a lesson, I *think* I have a 12 choke here that is the right type for your gun, if the shop don't replace yours you can have it on the condition you don't try to fit the dodgy one :)

Cheers,

Jon.

Latest posts

Back