Longridge 26.5.14

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

My first visit there today, for their ESP reg shoot. It has always been a bit off my radar just because its a bit further away than i normally need to go to find a good reg shoot, but circumstances worked in its favour for me today; not least that there was no rain in the larger Gloucester area. (Persisting down all day at home in the mid-south).

I met up with Gareth (Shortlegs) who is always good company and we set off looking for the easy stand. The terrain at Longridge is amazing (and I feel less guilty about moaning in regard to a shoot held in a flat field last week..). Hills, cuttings, rolling terrain, big trees, you name it. A great variety of targets (strangely no driven or rabbits) over 11 stands.

Unfortunately, my evil twin who cant shoot for sugar took over at the start (4 simple clays missed for no reason) and insisted on staying for the first half of the round. I think I was a bit overawed by the terrain and sheer newness of it all. After about 6 stands I was seriously looking at about 65%. Just what you want for your last shoot before moving to AA. Not.

Thankfully, there was a bit of a change of pace for the last half (stands 6 to 1 as we did it..) with some long high targets; which were kind of impressive in nature, but gave you a bit of time to plan the shots. I managed to dig deep and dropped 3 or 4 clays in the last 50 or so, rescuing a train-wreck of a start and hauling it up to 82, into nearly my average territory. Certainly enjoyed part 2 anyway! I dropped the last target on stand 4 to just avoid a 10/10 (which nobody had done at that point). Good to meet Rich Moreing on that stand. Sorry if i looked dazed by that stage..

So, a great ground, great targets, great cheese and tomato sandwich. Wish it was nearer but I will be back sometime.

Good to meet up with you again today Will and enjoyed your good company to shoot the course, I didn't have such a shaky start as you only dropping tow on the first stand we picked out at the back of the course, then out into the field where I let a few slip by. I was pleased to come off the simo pair with a 7/10 but then had a major operator error and made a hash of the two teal stands dropping 6 targets on one :banghead:  which cost me a 7 at the front to finish on 64. But as Will has said great targets and course something there to test all abilities.

Nice to say Hi to a few from here and meet Fortis Mark for the first time hope you all enjoyed the course and shot well 

Could be back next week for the H&W county championship 100 sporting to see if I can better my performance 

Last edited by a moderator:
All, been out and about with the offsprings so apols this is a little later than is usual,

High Gun

96 - Chris Childerhouse

AA

1st 95 - D Evans & Clynt Warren

3rd 94 - B Hand & Martin Myers

5th 93 - A Moon 

A

1st 88 - T Richards & Steve Burnham 

3rd 85 - Phil Bundy, N Jones & CJ Griffiths

B

1st 85 - D Roper

2nd 84 - M Hayward & L Hayter 

4th 83 - A Kendall

C

1st 77 - L Waters 

2nd 73- H Cole

3rd 72 - A Davies  

Pool Shoot 19 ex 20 - Ade Johnson

Very pleasant day, nice to meet and greet a few from here, I did get to shoot this late on, having buttoned stand 4 for over 4 hours from 3-4 metres to right of cage they didn't half look different when I went in to shoot it!

Great day and nice weather.  Nice to meet some new faces, Shortlegs, Ashley and John.

Sadly I didn't bring my A game today so i'm off to stand on the naught step..

Latest posts

Back