white gold woes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul b

I have got into the last eight at loads of white gold qualifiers but the more times i shoot it the worse i get.On sunday at garlands there were some good tricky targets and on my first go only seing the targets once did 17 straight away and then 14 and as this seems to be the norm i didnt have another go untill the shoot off where i got down to 12(all x20).I know im trying to hard but if i can hit them first time why cant i keep doing it?

Process,process,process. Just because you shot a good score doesn't mean it happens again on its own. Work on a one shot routine that will keep you in order for the whole day. This I believe is why we all miss some of "the easy ones" keep the focus, good luck!!

Simple.

FOCUS or rather lack of.

I have been giving a lot of thought lately to this "shoot without thinking let it happen" theory. Have come to the conclusion that it is missinterpreted by many of us to

don't try. I think there is a fine line between shooting instinctively and with the sub conscious but with focus, determination and commitment and shooting without focus and without putting the effort into the shot.

Also imo THE biggest problem we all face sometimes is lack of confidence, this is a killer. No confidence equals missed shot from my experience.

Simple.

FOCUS or rather lack of.

I have been giving a lot of thought lately to this "shoot without thinking let it happen" theory. Have come to the conclusion that it is missinterpreted by many of us to

don't try. I think there is a fine line between shooting instinctively and with the sub conscious but with focus, determination and commitment and shooting without focus and without putting the effort into the shot.

Also imo THE biggest problem we all face sometimes is lack of confidence, this is a killer. No confidence equals missed shot from my experience.
Well you will have plenty of time to THINK about it when you shoot sporting won't you? You call pull, bird leaves trap, go get a coffee, have a cigar, think about how much lead to give the target, go for a leak, by that time the target will be in the kill zone! Pull trigger. :laugh:  Simple!

The white gold is bit different than normal compk/sportrap because there are no menu boards and one of the traps is a osalating ball trap and you shoot sim pairs so your normall pre shot routine cant be used because you have now idea what targets you will see and in a split second you have to work out which one to take first.Getting the balance between letting it happen and trying to hard is where it all goes t*ts up.

The white gold is bit different than normal compk/sportrap because there are no menu boards and one of the traps is a osalating ball trap and you shoot sim pairs so your normall pre shot routine cant be used because you have now idea what targets you will see and in a split second you have to work out which one to take first.Getting the balance between letting it happen and trying to hard is where it all goes t*ts up.
I have qualified three times now on 16/17 to score 12ish on the next round!!

I must have paid thousands into the pot so far (.........well maybe a couple of hundred)

I think this is down to fatigue. I have got through to final three times shoot it before a round, only dropping 3 or 4 to get through.

Wait until 3.30 can't perform the same, I blame old age!

I think this is down to fatigue. I have got through to final three times shoot it before a round, only dropping 3 or 4 to get through.

Wait until 3.30 can't perform the same, I blame old age!
No stamina....that's your trouble....you need feeding up x

i think its quite simple paul but you are not on your own here it seems to happen to most , and my thoughts are in the scoring rounds you are only shooting for a score to get into the knockouts , but in the knockouts you are also thinking about the opponent stood next to you and you get tighter , more thought process happens and hence you shoot a lower score , i have seen personally top shots crumble under this process and i guess thats what makes this competition different to anything else 

Back