European FITASC Championships - Logistics Question - Cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
After our enjoyable day on Saturday - I started thinking about the European Championships in Lisbon in June.

Obviously - we'll need to buy cartridges out there - how can I find out which manufacturers will be there and what the arrangement will be for that? Would we need to preorder? Is it case of getting whats given?

Any seasoned competitors advise a newbie on how that works?

Thanks!

If you have not got contacts out there then you are in the hands of the ground and the stocks that they have apart from the 5 kilos that you can take with you.

You will have a selection available at the ground and usually all the major brands are there! Just depends how much they want to rip you off!

Glen.

Lets not start a best cartridges debate please!

This is just to help the first time travellers.

Sorry almighty one! .!

There usually are some of the cartridge manufacturers people there to be honest.

There will be a selection of good brands so dont worry about that!

Wouldn't bother with taking a few by plane is a waste of time and hassle.

The question is how much will they charge at the ground! Usually they like to rip you off but not much you can do really. use them sparingly! Another tip food and drink at the grounds is usually well over priced as well! I will ensure the Villa fridge is well stocked! ;-)

'Almighty One' - I think I like that...

Good points on the food and drink. You can eat very cheaply in Portugal, so I'll stay away from the expensive stuff at the ground for sure... I see much Sagres lager in my future.

You may contact RC Cartridges to pre-book what you need.

Regards,

Henry ;)

Go ahead and buy too many - the armourer always has a "friend" standing by who will give you half price for them. There used to be a friendly tradition of leaving them for the next Brit to arrive. Don't think many of those were ever seen again..

I always give my excess cartridges to the juniors of the club we are shooting at if I know I will not be back there soon :wink:

40UP some clubs still do the honourable thing. I have currently some at Ghedi (been sitting there 2 years now) and some at Somontes (from last year).

Last edited:
I put in an order with Hull this morning and they said they are shipping Sov, Sov FITASC and Pro Ones over, so you should be able to reserve from the ground in advance. Hope that helps a few of you!

Latest posts

Back