Which lens colours

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDAV

Typed a massive post and it vanished! So what lens thinking Oakley, Poss Flak Jacket XLJ on Ed's recommendation and want to stick with black iridium polarised as i have them in a pair of straight jackets...

But what lens for dull days?

Don't like wearing specs but if i want to shoot reg i have too

And before anyone says Pilla i didn't pay that much for the gun!

I use some Browning Shooting glasses - sort of an Orange/Red Colour - I wear glasses all the time but can't shoot in them to save my life !! I don't know what it is about these Browning glasses I have but I can see really well through them & they don't affect my shooting at all - I wear them for 90% of my Clay Shooting only changing to some dark tints when really needed.

Typed a massive post and it vanished! So what lens thinking Oakley, Poss Flak Jacket XLJ on Ed's recommendation and want to stick with black iridium polarised as i have them in a pair of straight jackets...

But what lens for dull days?

Don't like wearing specs but if i want to shoot reg i have too

And before anyone says Pilla i didn't pay that much for the gun!
If you prefer to shoot without safety specs you could consider shooting with clear lenses, which I guess is the safest and best option for you

You can probably pick up some Persimmon lenses for added contrast for the Flaks and a set of clear for less than £50 brand new.

Be wary of ebay as there are lots of Fauxkleys on there!  :crazy:

If you prefer to shoot without safety specs you could consider shooting with clear lenses, which I guess is the safest and best option for you
That's the issue! I don't like looking through clear plastic.

Ed cant find lens pairs under £45 so if you know of some let me know, also I'll PM you some prescriptions for the missus (also an old wulf)

Oakleys all the way just the best :nyam:   Got PILLA and hate them so uncomfortable over rated, over priced :fie:

Before moving to Pilla I used Oakleys, the lense I most used was the persimmon, followed by the pale yellow for winter. In summer I used the G30, if you can find a G26 they are very good as well in bright light.

I also used Oakleys for many many years before moving to Pilla.

Reason...?

Now I only shoot trap disciplines....sun always behind you (most grounds)....need a perfect lens to pull orange from green or white background.

Outlaw 46N is the only one I need now for all light conditions for trap.

Now.....

When I go sporting playing on a sunny day.....out come the Oakley Fire....in order to look at targets thrown through the sun.....or the Randolph rangers with the black Astronaut lens.

Over 30 years and many many glasses types.....I now know exactly eat works for me for what discipline and in what light...

:wink:

Latest posts

Back