essex masters

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Lovatt

surprisingly queit about this shoot tonight , george leading the way with 189 , with a few saying dont think it will be enough .

any more class scores known ??/

looking forward to this on friday now 

surprisingly queit about this shoot tonight , george leading the way with 189 , with a few saying dont think it will be enough .

any more class scores known ??/

looking forward to this on friday now 
Few being the word Steve and although I don't doubt its 3/4 shy I do believe only a handful will top that :prankster:

I shot this yesterday and it may be a few shy but the fill in stand 13 on both courses, 4 singles with full use takes some hitting. My highlight of the day was straighting stand 13 on the red course to finish a good day but i only managed 1 out of the 4 on the black course in the morning. 

It's a good shoot and there are some clever stands and targets as well as some long stuff. A really big score is there to be had but some stands really need thinking about first and can easily trip you up.

I shot this yesterday and it may be a few shy but the fill in stand 13 on both courses, 4 singles with full use takes some hitting. My highlight of the day was straighting stand 13 on the red course to finish a good day but i only managed 1 out of the 4 on the black course in the morning. 

It's a good shoot and there are some clever stands and targets as well as some long stuff. A really big score is there to be had but some stands really need thinking about first and can easily trip you up.
I agree with Mike I shot it yesterday and there is potentially a huge score if someone is shooting well. Apart from stand 13 on both courses there were only a few targets at real distance....the rest just needed thinking about with some awkward lines. Well set shoot with all classes in mind!

Just back home, very good set up so well done all involved. Good reffing, no hold ups, no no birds, great selection of targets including some that really needed some work.

I think a 191 is out there, I missed two one soft bird on red, had a bad stand (4 away) on my 3rd stand on black. Also missed 2 full use singles, hard birds but would have expected to miss 1 max.

Very enjoyable and at the other end of the spectrum to last weekend! Even the weather was decent. If all the other majors are like that we will have a grey year.

Just back home, very good set up so well done all involved. Good reffing, no hold ups, no no birds, great selection of targets including some that really needed some work.

I think a 191 is out there, I missed two one soft bird on red, had a bad stand (4 away) on my 3rd stand on black. Also missed 2 full use singles, hard birds but would have expected to miss 1 max.

Very enjoyable and at the other end of the spectrum to last weekend! Even the weather was decent. If all the other majors are like that we will have a grey year.
Phew! Glad Ed thought it was respectably tricky. I'll postpone the suicide..

Phew! Glad Ed thought it was respectably tricky. I'll postpone the suicide..
Likewise! Been licking my wounds all day. Shot yesterday, in my opinion a true 'Masters' both layouts on a similar par, exceptional variety and all there for anyone with their 'shooting head' on.

Impressed with the matting to the car park, chairs on every single stand, organisation and good friendly refs.

Five star all the way.

Well shot Ed and GD.

Hope to see some scores soon.

Likewise! Been licking my wounds all day. Shot yesterday, in my opinion a true 'Masters' both layouts on a similar par, exceptional variety and all there for anyone with their 'shooting head' on.

Impressed with the matting to the car park, chairs on every single stand, organisation and good friendly refs.

Five star all the way.

Well shot Ed and GD.

Hope to see some scores soon.
How did the old man do?

How did the old man do?
o
One less than D.C. who is now known as 'The Rain Man' we have it on good authority that he has been back today having put a tidy score in A class yesterday and is jumping about praying for rain, so his score stays good!

Insufficient self control in bar last night after bumping into some guys I knew.. Well that's my excuse for a messy performance on Red course today, which I felt was harder than the black! Just a 76. So ended on 155.

Particular lows included the lazy teal, which I never touched and 1 ex 4 on the singles, but they were OTT I thought. Otherwise it was just a few losses all round, with few straights.

A good course for sure.

I pretty much only ever shoot registered shoots and I am always thinking about the importance of score. I do think I approached this a bit lazily at times, knowing it was an open shoot. Wrong, I know..

[quote name="CleverSC3" post="137836" timestamp=

I pretty much only ever shoot registered shoots and I am always thinking about the importance of score. I do think I approached this a bit lazily at times, knowing it was an open shoot...

Improving the average has been a strong focus in the last few years. I've done 14 different grounds, this period so it's not about playing numbers, but doing my best at each shoot. Especially to minimise the daft misses and set up well for each shot etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Particular lows included the lazy teal, which I never touched and 1 ex 4 on the singles, but they were OTT I thought. Otherwise it was just a few losses all round, with few straights.
OTT in what way Will ?

Latest posts

Back