back pain

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beretta boom stick

Hi I was just wondering if anyone is either suffering or has suffered in the past with pain I'm the top of their spine? Approx 15 months ago my wife started suffering from a pain along the right side of her spine, she has seen hospital physio and gave up after goin for 8 months and getting nowhere! She has not been able to shoot since it began and we don't know what caused it, but we don't rule out it could be from recoil. According to the scan she has a slight curve there and minor wear and tear, they say neither should cause the pain. So my question is if anyone has ever suffered this what the problem was for them and is there a way to fix this? Also if she has her arms up for a while (doing her hair) she then can't lean forward for at least 30 mins afterwards.

I'm no expert, but could it be a trapped nerve of some kind?
My brother is a strength and conditioning coach, and swears by his chiropractor as a first port of call for all musculoskeletal aches and pains. Perhaps it's worth a visit?

Typed wiv fums on my mobile

We did think perhaps trapped nerve but this physio dismissed it saying it doesn't sound like nerve pain. The physio was adamant it was muscle, but I would of thought that 15 months on a muscle would repair itself (If that is wrong feel free to correct me) :) we hav joined a gym recently and she cannot lift 5kgs above her head on her right side, left side no problem.

Just a word of advice for all who seek medical help.... You have the right to choose who you see in the NHS these days, so if you don't get any joy after a while, always request to see someone else be it a doc or a Physio if you feel that you are not getting anywhere.. Or if you can afford it, go private....

Thanks shortlegs, this is thanks to your advice :) she thought it worth asking for some advice on here :)
No probs Mark it was nice to meet you and your good lady ( sorry didnt get her name ) and enjoyed your company going round the shoot  :thumbsu:

Or if you can afford it, go private....
This.

Go private, 6 weeks to see an NHS physio is no good to you if your in pain and especially if its going to interfere with your shooting. Soon as I have a problem coming on its straight down to physio one maybe two sessions and its nipped in the bud £30 per session, (but prob get regular user discount)

Latest posts

Back