GDK Trading auto trap help needed

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustin dick

The little club I belong to bought a new GDK Trading, double arm auto trap with radio release option, during the initial build the cable that connects to the radio release module and the battery terminals got caught on one of the throwing arms. The male plug on the module end became detached and in fact was lost :eek: . I have bought a new plug from Maplin but I cannot tell if the centre of the plug is + or -, to connect it incorrectly could mean serious damage to the module if it isn't protected by a diode, the trap came with very little documentation. My approach to GDK by phone and email has been completely ignored :fie: . If any kind member can help me I will be forever grateful :thumbsu: . The picture attached is the cable concerned with the plug set in place. Many thanks..JC

post-1453-0-29560600-1392748108.jpg

Attachments

• Power Lead2.jpg
    Power Lead2.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 0
The little club I belong to bought a new GDK Trading, double arm auto trap with radio release option, during the initial build the cable that connects to the radio release module and the battery terminals got caught on one of the throwing arms. The male plug on the module end became detached and in fact was lost :eek: . I have bought a new plug from Maplin but I cannot tell if the centre of the plug is + or -, to connect it incorrectly could mean serious damage to the module if it isn't protected by a diode, the trap came with very little documentation. My approach to GDK by phone and email has been completely ignored :fie: . If any kind member can help me I will be forever grateful :thumbsu: . The picture attached is the cable concerned with the plug set in place. Many thanks..JC
Is that lead in the picture original, complete and undamaged? If the answer is yes, connect a continuity tester to the outer conducting surface, i expect it to be at the same potential as the neg battery terminal. Give it a try.

Center is + 

outer is - or ground 

Last edited by a moderator:
A local club in our shooting league has bought one,they are always having to do something to it! biggest load of sh"* i have seen. save up and buy a promatic or bowman. THATS THE BEST ADVICE ANYONE COULD GIVE YOU!

Thanks for all your help. The lead shown is the damaged lead with the new plug just set in position. I'd normally expect the centre to be + but as already mentioned the trap is nothing but a load of sh1t and I wouldn't be surprised if it flew in the face of convention. One of the other lads bought this thing in good faith, it's paid for in full and we must make the best of a bad situation. We have two other traps both Promatic Rangers for which I have nothing but praise. Thanks for the replies, positive centre pole it is then :)

Ive said it all before, "You only get what you pay for !!!!"

More is less, ie more money spent is less aggro & down time where traps come into play.....

GDK as a company have customer care & aftersales second only to a sinking ship in my experiance....

Buy once & buy right........promatic all the way !!!

Latest posts

Back