Thumb Ligaments

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les53

I have a problem with the ligaments in my right thumb. When I grip things it sends tingle up to the tip of my thumb and the tip of my thumb also feels a little numb too.The sensation is a bit like the one you get when you bang your funny bone in your elbow. I think it was caused by tenpin bowling which I do several times a week. Can I do anything to stop it feeling like that?

Any thoughts?

I think this is common is people of 40+ - I sometimes get terrible pain in my thumb and next two fingers and they go numb,Tony also - I blame it on carpel tunnel syndrome - but I am no doctor.   I am sure ten pin bowling must have something to do with it especially as you do it quite regularly.

I think this is common is people of 40+ - I sometimes get terrible pain in my thumb and next two fingers and they go numb,Tony also - I blame it on carpel tunnel syndrome - but I am no doctor.   I am sure ten pin bowling must have something to do with it especially as you do it quite regularly.
Yes Sian you are probably right. I've had a type of Carpal Tunnel thing for years, I've played drums all my life and it is reasonably common for drummers to get it! I should have had it operated on back in my twenties, but I didn't!!!!!

I think the only way to see if it would ease it if you gave the bowling a miss for a few weeks.

Or wear a support.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a problem with the ligaments in my right thumb. When I grip things it sends tingle up to the tip of my thumb and the tip of my thumb also feels a little numb too.The sensation is a bit like the one you get when you bang your funny bone in your elbow. I think it was caused by tenpin bowling which I do several times a week. Can I do anything to stop it feeling like that?

Any thoughts?
I'll PM you Les....

Sorry to hijack a thread, any advice!. On sunday I had the start of tennis elbow in my left arm which ended up with a twang and a pulled muscle where my arm joins the armpit. It bloody hurts.. :(

chicken curry no worry

Sorry to hijack a thread, any advice!. On sunday I had the start of tennis elbow in my left arm which ended up with a twang and a pulled muscle where my arm joins the armpit. It bloody hurts.. :(

chicken curry no worry
PM me with more details Simon and I'll try to help...

Any thoughts?
Try bowling over arm

You should be more careful what holes you stick your fingers in mate.

Latest posts

Back