Favourite Sporting Grounds?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emvicne

For no reason at all, it's been a topic of conversation amongst some of my fellow shooters recently about which are their top 3 favourite grounds for shooting registered sporting at?  I'm interested in general opinion as without exception two names keep coming up.

Can include ones no longer open, but please don't use this as an opportunity to publicly moan about ones you don't like!!

Kegworth I imagine, for the food alone :)

Hodnet

Grimsthorpe

Westfiield

Westfield ,

Weston wood

Windrush

Garlands

Tor view ( was the best terrain in the country )

Like your comment Ben , but all those sausages ain't good for you

Westfield because of the setting, and though I'm still trying new places, Northampton because it's where I shot my first competition.

If they were still running, Newbold and Old Graden would be in there.

I never touch the sausages Steve, I prefer the Salmonella on Chips.

Have to agree Wylye was the place to beat, great food, great targets, friendly people and within an hour of home. Really miss it :-(

Current

Westfield great targets, Weston Wood again great targets, can't wait for a dry shoot here.

Sporting Targets really friendly ground with great targets and my coaches favorite hang out.

Owls lodge, great ground and the owls family very welcoming.

Not been around to many yet,

But so far:

Owls

Grimsthorpe

Kegworth

Really looking forward to trying Mr Lovatts various shoots so ill up date soon :)

Emma nelson are you old enough to be on here , well if you are just be open minded as we don't want any opinionated women giving their views , at least not before cooking dinner and washing up !!!!!

best grounds now ....anywhere that makes me think and makes me want too go back and do it again... :hunter:

best club/cpsa ground fourcounties everytime...as they got all there members shoots but still put on bloody good cpsa shoots as well .. :fan:

but for pure comp shoots with targets from 10 yards to 60 yards etc westfield has it all.. :bow:

watch this space though as gunsite is making impact...keep it up sean...

wylye what a loss  :thumbsd:

Latest posts

Back