Guns designed especially for Women

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleBarrelledDon

After years and years of people (generally speaking) failing to get it right and actually make a decent Sporter just for lady shooters CG has launched a new brand called Syren. They are already working on prototypes utilising feedback from shooters on both sides of the Atlantic. Stock dimesnions weights etc are expected to be tailored to match the female form while aesthetics should also be a bit different from the norm, though they dont intend just spraying the gun pink!!! The gun will be the first of its kind from any manufacturer to go into full production and will initially offer one grade of gun in 12, 20 and 28 gauge with barrel lengths of 28,30 and 32 inch.

Whether you like CG or not this is a real step forward in terms of making life easier for Ladies to get involved without having to get guns altered to suit etc etc.....
post-392-0-86312000-1390488050.png

Attachments

• syren.png
    syren.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 0
After years and years of people (generally speaking) failing to get it right and actually make a decent Sporter just for lady shooters CG has launched a new brand called Syren. They are already working on prototypes utilising feedback from shooters on both sides of the Atlantic. Stock dimesnions weights etc are expected to be tailored to match the female form while aesthetics should also be a bit different from the norm, though they dont intend just spraying the gun pink!!! The gun will be the first of its kind from any manufacturer to go into full production and will initially offer one grade of gun in 12, 20 and 28 gauge with barrel lengths of 28,30 and 32 inch.

Whether you like CG or not this is a real step forward in terms of making life easier for Ladies to get involved without having to get guns altered to suit etc etc.....
attachicon.gif
syren.png
Can't wait to see it. Not that one gun will fit all, but it would be nice to see something that isn't a Silver Pigeon 20 bore (that's why my husband shoots, nagdammit!)

Interesting concept,

question for the ladies (I use the term loosely :) ) what differences would be required. Serious question.

note

I used a smile, just saying :)

Interesting concept,

question for the ladies (I use the term loosely :) ) what differences would be required. Serious question.
I ain't no lady, but I bet it'll have something to do with the length of the stock. It'll be closer to 14". The comb might be higher as well.

Also the pitch  -hopefully it won't be going the wrong way like some people think is appropriate. 

Picture of stock. Pitch was originally way too far forward. Apparently the gunsmith is known for doing this because well, women, they have bumps at the front, you know? They're DIFFERENT to men. Thankfully a knowledgeable lady gun saw my problem and sent me off to a different gunsmith for this temp fix.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm naturally gifted in the bosom area but for goodness' sake! you don't actually balance a gun on your breasts, not even ones as large as mine. Of course as a beginner I had no idea that this was tosh and spent the best part of a year trying to mount a gun where it fitted, which wasn't the shoulder. 

735b601e-4750-4bb8-b2d7-5f0fbb3826f6.jpg

Good, but why not just have a custom stock made.
Is that really the best option for every beginner?

Last edited by a moderator:
How big is the market for this? Can anyone name 12 female clay shooters without reverting to the CPSA site?

60 members of this forum admit to being women. Just don't look up syrens.net

How big is the market for this? Can anyone name 12 female clay shooters without reverting to the CPSA site?
Apart from me?

1. Cheryl Hall
  2. Jane Bickle
  3. Michele Conway
  4. Sarah Christenson
  5. Lorraine Waters /Scottish equivalent, my bad.
  6. Rachel Carrie
  7. Charlotte Kerwood
  8. Caroline Lacks
  9. Rachel Wilcox
  10. Rosie Brumby
  11. Charlotte Riley
  12. Anita North
  13. Caroline Povey
Those are just CPSA members. I know loads of women who shoot clays but not necessarily registered competitions. Do I need to list those? I've got fifty or so on my Facebook page. 

ETA I hope you all appreciate the speed at which I wrote that list. I didn't have to look it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
"These guns that are designed especially for women" are they in white, just like the rest of the kitchen appliance's,

Dangerous territory mate :) but should get away with it as our female members seem quite friendly.

Back