free speech

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

I am all for free speech but recently there have been some very personal comments made by certain members about other members that have never even met. I find this odd and somewhat tedious. Can we try and keep the forum friendly as we must be scaring many people away from what used to be an informative and friendly forum.

Just saying... Again.

Agree - have removed as much as possible, but that really shouldn't be my job - I'm sure people can moderate themselves. 

Totally agree

I am sick of the same thing week in week out.

There are some who could moderate themselves and are of no benifit to the site.

I am all for free speech but recently there have been some very personal comments made by certain members about other members that have never even met. I find this odd and somewhat tedious. Can we try and keep the forum friendly as we must be scaring many people away from what used to be an informative and friendly forum.

Just saying... Again.
What happened Ian, not been on here that much lately......so what's the goss then?

will pm you mate, I don't want to fuel the fire. :)

I am almost at the point of not bothering to log in to Shoot Clay, primarily due to the amount of back biting, in fighting and snidy comments made by posters on here.

This forum has allowed me to meet up, shoot with, laugh, chat too and joke around with fellow shooters for which I am very greatful. I have gained some knowledge and imparted some of my experiences to others, which is what it should all be about.

Unfortunately any forum needs rules and moderators, other wise we end up with a free for all and most of the older members can remember what that was like on a certain other forum. I thought that we had a team of moderators in place, I remember one that resigned, so what has happened to the others or is it just Matt now?

Its always the same people gobbing off at one another, I was/am starting to lose interest in the series of old arguments that just orbit the same posters!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I am almost at the point of not bothering to log in to Shoot Clay, primarily due to the amount of back biting, in fighting and snidy comments made by posters on here.

This forum has allowed me to meet up, shoot with, laugh, chat too and joke around with fellow shooters for which I am very greatful. I have gained some knowledge and imparted some of my experiences to others, which is what it should all be about.

Unfortunately any forum needs rules and moderators, other wise we end up with a free for all and most of the older members can remember what that was like on a certain other forum. I thought that we had a team of moderators in place, I remember one that resigned, so what has happened to the others or is it just Matt now?
Andy I think for the most part, things go pretty well most of the time. Yes there will always be times when things get a little sharp or heated, that's human nature I guess. I too have come across some great people on this forum and have made several friends, I refuse to leave such a basically decent forum just because a few decide that they want to become keyboard warriors! Please don't stop logging in mate! It's still a nice place at the end of the day!!!!!

Just saying... Again.
Totally agree

Again some of the comments of shock horror are because the shocked person....does not know the others who know each other...

Or some have taken personally against others...

Eg.....on another thread Johnny T tells Chippy to 'go crap in his hat'

Now if I had said that....all the pussies would be screaming for my scalp.

Whereas anyone with a brain would know that they are joking with each other.

People should chill out and not get horrified so easily by others posting with their own style.

Last edited:
If most of the naughty boys and girls met I bet they would most probably get on, we are all passionate about our shooting!! But sometimes in a written text/ post they are sometimes misread. I love it, don't mind a little heated debate, but just chill out!!!!

Agree with tinker and macc, some is quite obviously friendly fall out from people who either know each other or understand each other's humour BUT some is obviously meant with malice. I have been on the receiving end from someone who has taken a dislike to me even though we have never met, as has tinker. Neither tinker or I give a stuff BUT some may and some may be deeply hurt by such abuse or even by having to read abuse aimed at others. It would be a shame to scare any potential new members away from such a good sitee and one that admin and others have put so much time into. So if you have nothing good or consructive to say dont say anything and if you dont like someone for whatever reason then dont read there posts, simples.

I don't suppose that this is a good time to start talking about point of impact again, is it?

Seriously (while not pretending to be innocent) the discourse does occasionally get a bit tedious.  I admit that I have, in my old age, come to have a way low frustration tolerance - particularly so in dealing with the brain dead.  On this board that poses some very real difficulties in that I am separated from you all geographically and culturally to the extent that I may sometimes misinterpret just what it is you might be trying to convey.  And I'm definitely derelict in my smiley use.

So to solve all that I suggest putting together a new smiley that means, "this is really all in fun but I actually think you're a total moron."  

I know I could use it   :preved:

Charlie 

I think it would be better if people use their proper names , can't quite work out why not and that way more people would know each other around the shoots

Everyone who needs to knows who I am, and anyone who wants to only needs to pm me.

there are many reasons people don't want there names on the web.

Yes but now we have no idea who you were !

Latest posts

Back