"Fabulous" quotes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootinguru

Has anyone on here got a fabulous shooting quote?

I'll start with George Parsons to me at a fitasc selection shoot. "Cyril if I had not missed 3 targets on the last stand, I would have staighted the layout"

my reply was "George If I had not missed 6 targets, I would have straighted the layout too!" .

Last edited by a moderator:
Pete Best on GB team (abroad) when asked by new cap......'what is a chandelle'..........reply 'Its a ducting teal'....!!

Sorry to go a little off topic with the first reply.

I don't have a fabulous shooting quote, but I do have a favorite quote. Not sure of the source, but I think Elizabeth Taylor may have said it to another Actoress..........

"Do you know, there's only two things I don't like about you.................................. your face"

I have used it to good effect myself a few times.

'Skeet is hard to learn but easy to master, DTL is easy to learn but hard to master.'

Something I was told a few years ago and very true.

Biddy used to say....'my score does not show just how bloody we'll I shot..!'

I heard a bunch of guys b antering their way round a shoot. The guy missing a target asked 'where am I'?

'Overneath' came the reply.

'That Squad' famous reply to anyone asking where was I.........

'Nowherenearit'

'That's it sod it I'm never shooting this crap again' and 'targets are wrong' - various ...... Usually at GB OT shoots

GD coming off a stand and one of my squad asks him what  were the targets like?georges reply was there ok just dont shoot behind them. 

one shooter I know regularly comes out with "I was goin into the last stand for an (i.e.)  82" and when asked how did you finish he'd say 75 

If I've had a bad stand or shoot I say "if you hit them all it would be boring"

I dont know why but I've been saying that quite a bit lately

Last edited by a moderator:
Most unhelpful quote ever...

"That takes more/less than you think"

No...it took more/less than YOU thought! How the f*** do you know what I'm thinking? Was caught by that one a few times early on.

Latest posts

Back