11 / 12 Jan...what's everyone up to and how did you get on?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaykaysea

Ace start to the weekend yesterday with a day with Carl Bloxham, shot an amazing range of target presentations, and for those of you who have been to Carl's before, a wander round the top of the banks to shoot all manner of stuff below your feet was great fun. Highly recommended!

My 'challenging' weekend continues with visit to RBSS this morning with Jason, Calamity and Mike B to do the Stratstone (god knows why...I hate driven...but I am sure it will be a laugh) and then onto Churchills to do theirs....hoping to do better there than my last visit which I didn't enjoy at all ( although the company was excellent).

Tomorrow will be working on my average....creeping ever closer to B Class I hope....with trips to Gunsite and Westfield....looking forward to it all....and hope to bump into a few of you along the way!

Have fun and shoot straight whatever you are up to, let me know how you get on...

Jkc x

You will need a new car at this rate.....all those miles !!!

Off to shoot some Pheasants today.....nice invite for me, so guess running a shoot does have a few little benefits :nyam:

Enjoy the Stratstone 7.........its very addictive

Hello

Pheasants for me today at dads shoot, then gun site tomorrow .... :)
Good luck at RBSS let me know how you do....?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Up at 4.30am this morning to feed the cattle! ...and now I'm getting ready for a day tapping up in the Hampshire country side .

Not sure if I will make Gunsite tomorrow depends on what time I finish work :(

Pheasant shooting today , not sure about tomorrow yet, as I'm pheasant shooting Monday as well, ( May have to do some domestic work to keep the peace, ) I am master in my house, but only when she says I can ! .

Well finally home after a day out shooting! Great weather out today so that can't be blamed, even felt the warmth of the sun on my back a few times.

First off the Stratstone Challenge shot the sporting like a blind numpty! Moved on to the the tower shot it first out of the group, managed a 10 then another 10 would have been nice to improve but glad I didn't do any worse!

Went off to Churchill's then started well then fell to bits on the simple stuff that was a little slower! Silly me! Might have another go at some point as I feel I can improve. Thanks to Graham for taking us round nice to meet you. Reasonably happy with 77.

Not allowed to shoot this weekend as had a steroid injection into my shoulder to try sort it out.........

I'm crap at listening and following advice so I'll shoot tomorrow just locally at robin hood!

RBSS was a lovely ground...beautiful sunny day but no issues with the sun affecting sight of targets...but I was a bit lacking in commitment on the Sporting...the Tower was fun...got a 8 and then 6....great fun and as I don't like driven happy with the score.

Then onto Churchills, hated it last time I went but the sunshine and a much friendlier course this time made for a much more enjoyable afternoon. Happy with my 71...always want more but well above my average and starting with a 7 so ok...

Early night tonight ready for the Gunsite and Westfield onslaught in the morning...

Enjoyed both shoots today even though the weather was foul.  Managed 41/100 at Gunsite and 49/100 at Westfield - nearly there one more target to go for my halfway mark.   Managed to completely blank a stand and straight a stand at Westfield!  Got my shuffle right for the incoming simo pair and got them all good and proper - no chips.   Had a good bash at the Rafaelle stand (can't spell it) and did quite well.

Well that was a fun day...started off at Gunsite, still asleep on the very first stand of the day and overlead both targets (I blame Stratstone!!!) which cost me 6 targets...grrrr.....but finished up on a 71 which got me joint 2nd just a couple behind Tom. Only my second visit, thought it was a bit tougher but just maybe I am starting to improve a bit and work out a few things.

Bloody cold and wet, but headed off to Westfield, was seriously debating whether or not to shoot in the mist but glad I did as it cleared up and even started to feel a little warm! Finished with a 69 and 5th in C and Top Lady, no prize but nice to beat a couple of good female shooters that were there. Great shoot Steve again, loving getting to grips with your targets!! Not liking following pairs, Sian made it look so easy...and I made it look impossible!!

So two good shoots well above my average, should get me another 1% on my average. Got home at 9pm, tired and happy on the whole, just one bad stand at each ground really cost me today but learnt stuff for next time...

Good to see loads of people but special thanks to Jason and Macc Ladd for their company and encouragement at both grounds, and Chris P for keeping a beady eye on me whilst putting in a couple of awesome scores of his own..

Is it Thursday yet? OLSS here we come...

Jkc x

Latest posts

Back