Longridge 5th January 100 ESP (CChilderhouse 100 straight)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

All, aware there is another thread for congrats to Chris Childerhouse for straightening the course, tbh that achievement deserves its on thread so as always scores kept separate

Didn't go but here's the comp placings as given

High Gun

Chris Childerhouse 100

AA

1st Dorian Evans 95

2nd Julian Morris & Nigel Hart 94

A

1st Steve Burnham 92

2nd M Stafford, D Ponting & S Hart 91

B

1st M Wintle 85

2nd S Clarke 84

3rd Mike Peppard 83

C

1st M Thomas 75

2nd D Aspen 71

3rd H Towel 68

Pool Chris Childerhouse 20 ex 20

My oh my, great shooting Chris to achieve 100 straight is a great achievement, but unfortunately looking at all scores in AA & A class etc the shoot for sporting was far to easy & take it from me it will drive the average sporting shooter away ? Or are shooters getting to good ?

As I shot this today I wouldn't say it was because it was far too easy! If it was far too easy we would of all got 100 straight or at least in the late 90's!

Well shot Chris :)

My oh my, great shooting Chris to achieve 100 straight is a great achievement, but unfortunately looking at all scores in AA & A class etc the shoot for sporting was far to easy & take it from me it will drive the average sporting shooter away ? Or are shooters getting to good ?
The guy is 5 clear from the next best. :super:

smithers, sorry to hear you only hit 99.9 better luck next time at an easier shoot 

Chris, WELL DONE.

All shoots are easy, it is just the missed clays that are hard. :haha:

Smithers...notice no-one has liked your comment that is for a reason...

My mum always told me if I couldn't think of anything nice to say then to say nothing at all...you would have done well to have taken that advice....

Chris...amazing...I have watched you shoot and it is a pleasure...I would love to know at what point does it start getting pressured...at 30/30....or 60/60....or 90/90....and how do you hold your nerve? I struggle to get 8/8 and quite often miss the last bird on a stand let alone a whole round so what you have achieved is truly brilliant....and what did it feel like when you hit that final clay???

PS you are currently my favourite....

And as for the shoots getting too easy.. Barrow Heath had some big scores yesterday, but there were just a lot of major stars there. Chris C is an excellent shot, but its not an accident. He's very talented and shoots around 110 competitions a year. His 100 straight is the reward of being dedicated and full on. You could make shoots easier than they are, but 100 straight is exceptional in any environment..

My mum always told me if I couldn't think of anything nice to say then to say nothing at all...you would have done well to have taken that advice....

Chris...amazing...I have watched you shoot and it is a pleasure...I would love to know at what point does it start getting pressured...at 30/30....or 60/60....or 90/90....and how do you hold your nerve? I struggle to get 8/8 and quite often miss the last bird on a stand let alone a whole round so what you have achieved is truly brilliant....and what did it feel like when you hit that final clay???

I bet he would of just taken one pair at a time, and has been 50/60/70 straight on many occasions, then around 70/80 it might start to come to mind!! But Chris like all the other top shots would just work on one pair at a time, and one stand at a time until job done! May be he will come on and divulge all!!!

And as for the shoots getting too easy.. Barrow Heath had some big scores yesterday, but there were just a lot of major stars there. Chris C is an excellent shot, but its not an accident. He's very talented and shoots around 110 competitions a year. His 100 straight is the reward of being dedicated and full on. You could make shoots easier than they are, but 100 straight is exceptional in any environment..
. Spot on Will.

I bet he would of just taken one pair at a time, and has been 50/60/70 straight on many occasions, then around 70/80 it might start to come to mind!! But Chris like all the other top shots would just work on one pair at a time, and one stand at a time until job done! May be he will come on and divulge all!!!
There's little to say of course. As my Dad used to say (about motor racing), the only thing that needs no explanation afterwards is winning!

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks 4 your comments

I don't think sporting shoots are getting easier, the standard to me seems to be getting higher, 10 years ago you could name 5 maybe 10 shots that would win a major now it could be 1 of 50

Take the domestic majors last year classic, british, English all different winners

On the subject of pressure I didn't really think about the straight till I had shot my 3rd to last stand which was a tricky sim pair of going aways after I got them i did think this could be the day

Little tip for Jaykaysea if your on your last pair for a straight, just take a second and line the name on the head of the cartridge up the right way, just gives u that added bit of concentration, let me know if it works

Cheers

I don't think sporting shoots are getting easier, the standard to me seems to be getting higher, 10 years ago you could name 5 maybe 10 shots that would win a major now it could be 1 of 50

Take the domestic majors last year classic, british, English all different winners
I've been saying this for a while now, even a 50 straight was almost unheard of in the 80's and that was on hand thrown dustbin lids. Today you have A class shooters mincing targets that would have been put on as Pool stands, the AAA guys are no longer lucking into decent scores, they're doing it week in week out, a bit like what happened to Snooker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh dear shame I am not allowed a opinion on here, my point was if shoots get straighten if ur in AA when you see the score on the board you will not play & believe me this does and will happen, if a shoot is straighted on sporting it's too easy ? Chris is a top shot and personally I really admire his ability, but A class was won with 92 then 3 on 91 etc etc ? Sporting is not or should not be like skeet scores, I am really sure all top shots would be happier where shoots are won with low 90's .... My opinion only

Well done Chris (as I said on FB).

A great 2 scores....because let's face it...Chris not only straighted the shoot 100/100 but also straighted the pool 20/20.

Now that shows that he was on top form....and not that the shoot was easy.

It showed a top shooter in the zone with all the mental ducks in a row.

.....true story..!

I bet he was using eight star crimp 8's with extended chokes, long polished forcing cones, over bored barrels, 32" tubes, 15-1/4" LOP, negative pitch, no bead with pull away maintained, anything less leaves a couple out there. :fan:

Well i think they say the first 100 straight is the hardest!!!!  so the day george shot 2 100 straights were both these shoots easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Shooting like any sport evolves and moves on.

Latest posts

Back