westfield and weston wood 29th and 30th

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Lovatt

weston wood results

aa1 n hendrick 97

aa1 p marks 97

aa3 m myers 96

aa4 c childerhouse 95

aa4 p rowbottom 95

a1 j demulder 93

a2 d ponting 90

a2 d brien 90

a4 t leonard 89

a4 p richings 89

b1 h young 89

b2 l hall 84

b3 a brown 79

b3 j ward 79

b3 j sanders 79

b3 n blockwell 79

b3 r francis 79

b3 p roden 79

c1 a richardson 81

c2 s bingham 79

c3 i jerram 78

c4 m griffiths 72

sportrap pool shoot j kendall 24

m hibbert 24

prize fund £1130

WESTFIELD MONDAY 30TH

high gun c childerhouse 96

aa1 m myers 95

aa2 r webb 93

aa2 n hart 93

a1 s burnham 90

a2 r emmett 88

a3 d ponting 85

b1 a burnham 89

b2 e nelson 87

b3 m pepperd 86

c1 e pritchard 81

c2 d hucker 75

c3 p evans 73

sportrap pool shoot j kendall 24

m myers 24

p smith 24

prize fund £650 

really good weekend with crap weather at the start of yesterday so thanks to all that came 

myself and allison take this opportunity to thank you all for your support over the last year and hopefully in the one coming which for us will be very busy and for you shooters will be very enjoyable with the events we have planned for you 

happy new year to one and all steve and allison

Steve a question please....?

You get a lot of ladies at your shoots so why is there no ladies prize...?

Ladies have made good scores like Cheryl's 90 and young Amy's 78 (I think) at Weston Wood....yet nothing. Would you suggest that it would be better for them to go BO or to just keep fighting in class for a win...?

Last edited:
hi you little tinker 

good question and one that myself and allison do keep talking about . firstly i think this weekend was a bit exceptional with ladies and juniors , but my genral thoughts are that everyone shoots to an percentage average and that you are shooting againest the same class averages so is that not job done ???? 

we tried it before with seperate categories and it got to a point where two ladies were fighting againest themselves each week , we do give juniors the reduced fnry fee so they are on a winner fron the word go .

i now have got my two lads shooting and am encouraging them to compete in the class rather than just look at junior level 

thougts would be welcome please 

we have this with the classic we have taken on as in this you could potentiaaly win high gun , lettered class and category !!!!!

steve

As a B class lady shooter, I would prefer to shoot against my lettered class than in ladies when you could be competing against AAA shooters! I'm all for a having some good competition to push myself, but I would have to draw the line at that!!

Mother of Bubba Gump.

I have wonder many times why you have the categories up as well as the classes, and thought why the colts and juniors could not have their achievement recognized when they have done well.

In my view it would give them a lot more encouragement even if they were to win free entry next time they shot., 

hi you little tinker

good question and one that myself and allison do keep talking about . firstly i think this weekend was a bit exceptional with ladies and juniors , but my genral thoughts are that everyone shoots to an percentage average and that you are shooting againest the same class averages so is that not job done ????

we tried it before with seperate categories and it got to a point where two ladies were fighting againest themselves each week , we do give juniors the reduced fnry fee so they are on a winner fron the word go .

i now have got my two lads shooting and am encouraging them to compete in the class rather than just look at junior level

thougts would be welcome please

we have this with the classic we have taken on as in this you could potentiaaly win high gun , lettered class and category !!!!!

steve
keep it as it is Steve!! Otherwise we will be having over 65s, over 75s those that have left master eye etc "that's what the classifications are all about" or you could give Cheryl a trophy when she is high gun at one of your shoots!!

If it were me, I would try and do what my customers would understand as reasonable and fair. To me, this would be to say 1 prize per 5 entries in a category. Fewer than 5 entries no valid category. Certainly it's daft to have two people fighting over a prize. Sad for them and not viable for the shooting ground..

Last edited by a moderator:
If it were me, I would try and do what my customers would understand as reasonable and fair. To me, this would be to say 1 prize per 5 entries in a category. Fewer than 5 entries no valid category. Certainly it's daft to have two people fighting over a prize. Sad for them and not viable for the shooting ground..
best leave it to the ground owners I say!! It would be like a customer of mine walking into my shop and telling me what to charge them!! Whatever ground I turn up at I take what's given, and if I don't like I dont go back.

best leave it to the ground owners I say!! It would be like a customer of mine walking into my shop and telling me what to charge them!! Whatever ground I turn up at I take what's given, and if I don't like I dont go back.
I hear you, but what if its a ground you WANT to go back to. I would rather encourage them to get their product right. But then that's my trouble.. Too long running a business. I forget that I don't run everybody else's!

Can't really see how this would work very well at normal registered shoots as the numbers are unlikely to be there on a regular basis to warrent the extra categories.

Majors and big comps are a different thing, as there is more than likely to be some sort of sponsorship invloved,and it draws all the ladies,juniors,colts etc from all over the country.

Put it to the vote admin how many ladies would enter category OR 'lettered' class at a registered shoot.(knowing category could include AAA. AA, A, B, C)

I hear you, but what if its a ground you WANT to go back to. I would rather encourage them to get their product right. But then that's my trouble.. Too long running a business. I forget that I don't run everybody else's!
I can see where your coming from Will!! But it's like we have said many times before, if I have to win at clayshooting to put a roof over my head and food on the table, I am going to be one skinny bastxxx.

I can see where your coming from Will!! But it's like we have said many times before, if I have to win at clayshooting to put a roof over my head and food on the table, I am going to be one skinny bastxxx.
Ta! Just sorted my New Years resolution. I can only eat from food bought by winnings. How to lose two stone by May. May? Make that March.

I think if people are eligible for multiple classes ( ladies, colts, juniors vets, etc, they should nominate when they book on weather they want to shoot in category or class, personally I think one prize at one competition is enough and would give others a chance to bag a prize

This is always going to be a contentious issue but I would imagine a lot of ground owners have at one time or another tried all permutations and come to a decision based on whats best for everyone, my wife has raised this issue with me many times but the reason usually stems from the problem of sandbaggers not being dealt with properly she does not shoot as often as most men but feels rather cheated when C class scores can surpass the 80+ mark and even higher at times.  

So would being beaten by an 80+ by a lady in the ladies class make her feel any better, or would she say that is sandbagging.

People shooting 80+ scores in c are probably shooting regularly, putting in the practice and therefore picking up prizes deservedly. By natural progression of the class system will move up to B next time and so on. I don't think it's fair to those that shoot lots, work hard at it and are putting in the time and money to suggest a class for the ladies that aren't doing so much. It's an equal sport, there is no reason a woman cannot shoot as well as the men. I shot an 87 in B on Sunday at Westfield - is that a fair score in ladies? People need to decide if they are competition shooters and want to compete at equivalent class levels for that prize, or go birds only and enjoy the days shooting for what it is. Both are fine IMHO, but you can't have it all ways!

Before you all go off the deep end.....this was not meant to bring the usuals out fighting the 'shoot better in your class' argument.

I maybe did not explain clearly....I asked the question because...

1) ladies scores, (and even juniors scores ) could be shown in the print out on here so that any newbies or those trying to improve, can see where they came. (As it is posted on here it saves them having to go and work it out from the Cpsa site.)

2) re prizes.....I was assuming we were in Christmas / New Year mode still...........where normally there is a ladies prize of some sort.

I am past the time where I have to worry about class or category any more.....it would be too much choice as I am B Class, Lady (yes) and Veteran......Oh us ladies love choice.....!

Number 2 above was a Christmas /NY question.....but number1 is a thing that would help so many....and as it is displayed on shoot08 it is easy to do. Especially good for the juniors....they always want to know where they end up.

Thanks for the answer Steve.

Not every 80+ in C class is sandbagging!!! I was averaging 66%, had 1 half day lesson with BH, shot the next to shoots 83 and 81, does that mean I was sandbagging or improving?!?!

People shooting 80+ scores in c are probably shooting regularly, putting in the practice and therefore picking up prizes deservedly. By natural progression of the class system will move up to B next time and so on. I don't think it's fair to those that shoot lots, work hard at it and are putting in the time and money to suggest a class for the ladies that aren't doing so much. It's an equal sport, there is no reason a woman cannot shoot as well as the men. I shot an 87 in B on Sunday at Westfield - is that a fair score in ladies? People need to decide if they are competition shooters and want to compete at equivalent class levels for that prize, or go birds only and enjoy the days shooting for what it is. Both are fine IMHO, but you can't have it all ways!
Agreed.

But....

If we want to grow the sport, you have to look at where you can draw a lot more shooters from. A lot of them could be from bringing in and encouraging more ladies and juniors. I dont think it is a problem with the categories and the classes working together. When you enter a major competition you go in your class and category .....or as we do abroad 'scratch and category'......in the big games you are never told ....'choose'.

It would be helpful if the systems encourage people to enter 'competition' rather than just BO. Why.....I hear you ask? Because people hooked on competing stay in the sport......the BO (non committed shooters) drift in and out of the sport. If the sport is to be taken seriously or interest the sponsors and media to grow it.....then it needs a lot more than 10,000 competition shooters (of which only about 3000 / 4000 are really serious competition shooters).

.........just saying :wink:

Back