Cesar Guerini - Would you?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finners

If someone asked you "Would you buy (with your own hard earned) a Cesar Guerini" How would you reply? 

I guess what I am really asking is, what are the pro's and con's of spending out on a Guerini as opposed to the "normal" options of Beretta/Miroku/Browning? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are nice guns, I shot a maxum for a while, lovely bit of kit. RF seems to like his, there are a few horror stories circulating but I have heard the same about all the other manufacturers.

Get yourself down to Ian Coleys and try a few of them.

YES!

Not every model would suit me, but good looking guns, handle nicely if you get the right model for you, well made, nice wood, nice action. A lot of gun for the money compared to the "big players".

Recently a well known UK Gundealer (a friend of mine) was advising me not to bother looking at them. It's a brand his shops do not stock however. A lesson learned long ago....Do Not Trust A Salesman!!  Make your own mind up!  :biggrin:

Wife has just bought a summit impact high rib had an isis xpad fitted and stock altered by Malcom Jenkins nice bit of kit for the money very well finished and shoots so smooth with 21gm shells almost recoilless and a guy who we sometimes shoot with has just bought a maxum great looking and well finished also shoots very smooth very capable guns in the right hands as I am sure we are all aware. :spiteful:

I've had my 32" Summit for almost 7 Years, during which time I haven't had a single issue with it - I purchased a couple of Muller's and also have a set of puregold chokes. I've been contemplating upgrading to the high ribbed Ascent but need to fully test first. In terms of value I don't think mine will have depreciated too much as you can't purchase a second hand one for the price I paid brand new.

Great handling guns, throwing superb patterns

Treated my self to a Summit Ascent trap gun 32" with a 10mm high parallel rib, it has a Monti-carlo adj stock too, fancied having a bash at ABT and DT with it but it is so easy to shoot, has no, and I mean no recoil, moves well into targets of all varieties so, I have been fiddling with the pitch and comb height and now am more than happy using it for sporting......the chokes pattern very well with the FOB shells I use and both barrels shoot spot on to point of aim, gun cleans easy, no rust probs to date, think it has 10 year warranty, looks the part, and is with out doubt good value for the cost !!! 

not going to say it will last a life time but do any with out servicing ? so far so good  :hunter:

Ascent is a lovely gun. I have one for sale in the shootbay section at the moment, only for sale as have another Project and not used! (plug over).

Love the Guerinis and great value.

Not mine either but look what austin did with one.

Nice guns, very good VFM and throw great patterns. Loads of gun snobs will turn their noses up at you and regale you with tales of un reliability etc.. but more out of ignorance, old wives tales rather than hard experience. Mine sits proudly alongside a Perazzi 2000S and a DT10 in the cabinet and makes me smile every time I pick it up(I'm Welsh you see and just like pretty guns and loads of bang for my buck).

MM

PS buy second hand if you can and grab a real bargain!

I had a silver pigeon game gun which i used for clays and rough shooting, i decided to look for a more sport orientated gun, after a lot of searching and trying out for fit i came across a second hand Caesar Guerini Summit Sport, it fits me really well and i am getting good results with it, as for looks my mate has a nice B525  which granted he paid £200 less for, that said when we put them together his view was "bugger it that makes my Browning look like something i picked up cheap at IKEA" 

great value well screwed together and nice looking guns for the money 

Latest posts

Back