Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jaykaysea

21 / 22 December....shooting not shopping....

MARK-POACHER

I should have gone shopping!

i did...!!!!!!!

Steve Lovatt

Some one said today will that vv had lots of trailing following pairs off same trap , did this work and did you like it for the forty pound entry fee ??

Macc Ladd

Some one said today will that vv had lots of trailing following pairs off same trap , did this work and did you like it for the forty pound entry fee ??

lazy ground or shoot organisers more like!! Following birds of same trap bores me to tears!!

Lee Roberts

Urchfont turkey shoot today, a massive turn out and brilliant Christmas spirit ... My Lauren (11 years) shot her 410 today and although not a high score won £20 and a brace of pheasants .... A big Thank you to Chase for making the three very young shots involved today and made to feel apart of a great shoot, lots of prizes won today from top to bottom of the ranks and top score 34 / 40 very good shooting .... I'm sure in saying 5 turkey's and five hampers for 1st and 2nd then a bottle of whiskey with £10 attached until 5th place ... Glad I was apart of a great Christmas shoot today :)

Will Hewland

4 or 5 stands were very good at vv. the others less so. 3 were trailing pairs. I have told the owner to sort this and that £40 is unloved. It would be another £20 in diesel for me to go to Westfield instead, but the point is £40 is visible.

GavB

Hi Will

Well shot on 94, how did the shoot rate overall compared to the last one. VV has such potential but last month really put me off and Im somewhat reluctant to go again.

maddmatt

I should have gone shopping!

You and me both!

Sian

I started at Four Counties and managed 29/50 two stands were my big let down but happy with 29. Then on to Westfield and struggled again I am apparently not following through and just stopping! If I had followed through I could have had a few more so only 48/120 for me. Then had a go at the pool shoot for fun and managed 11/25 which I was very pleased with especially as our last few birds were accompanied by wind and sleet and I near froze to death and could not see.

Jaykaysea

Great day at Carl Bloxhams yesterday, with my best ever score on a Compak of 22, just need to work out the simo pairs bit...

And my first time at Westfield today, 84/120, which I was pretty pleased with, another great shoot from Steve and think I learnt lots, will do better next time I am sure. Great to bump into so many people...well done to Tom on his C Class win and Chris P in A class...

Only two days till Christmas but more importantly four days until my next shoot....

Will Hewland

Hi Will

Well shot on 94, how did the shoot rate overall compared to the last one. VV has such potential but last month really put me off and Im somewhat reluctant to go again.

It wasn't that hard, but there were a few stands that were pretty good. Big lead. Others were fine. Some decent sim pairs. They set the shoot in bad wind and rain so it was a touch easier today. But I think only a handful broke 90. It was good apart from 3 following pair stands.

GavB

It wasn't that hard, but there were a few stands that were pretty good. Big lead. Others were fine. Some decent sim pairs. They set the shoot in bad wind and rain so it was a touch easier today. But I think only a handful broke 90. It was good apart from 3 following pair stands.

Thanks Will, maybe up for the next one. Perhaps they need a target setter. When painey used to set the targets , more often than not it would rival any registered out there.

Steve Lovatt

Did you win a class will ??????

Sian I watched you this afternoon as I scored the sportrap for you and I must say your first three stands were really good and you hit the really long midi hard several times , think you got tired and cold on last two stands and concentration disappeared , but I think if you push the gun and trust yourself you might be surprised what could happen

Steve

Aspire

They done the same at the first shoot. We shot it after the last Westfield 120. They charged us £40 because they had ran out of change. No we didn't like it,no we won't be going back.

clayclouter

They done the same at the first shoot. We shot it after the last Westfield 120. They charged us £40 because they had ran out of change. No we didn't like it,no we won't be going back.

I think any new registered ground should be encouraged,,Valley View will take a while to get things right as do all grounds, it is easy to knock it, but lets not forget Caterham has gone and a number of grounds are under threat or could close at any time i.e. Southern Counties, we lost Newham Pa.rk and Cadley not so long ago. If you give the guys at V V some constructive feedback I am sure they will take it on board eventually. Give the ground a chance

Sian

Sian I watched you this afternoon as I scored the sportrap for you and I must say your first three stands were really good and you hit the really long midi hard several times , think you got tired and cold on last two stands and concentration disappeared , but I think if you push the gun and trust yourself you might be surprised what could happen

Steve

I did start to wander and the cold and rain are things I have not learnt to ignore yet - I near bloody froze by the end. Couldn't feel my fingers at all. I do need to trust myself and just go for it. I think I get so far think it's not going to happen and then stop. Was happy with my 11 though :)

Steve Lovatt

I sat at Weston wood on Friday with a coffee and just thought since we have been running in the last 10 years I can think of nine grounds that don't do reg shoots anymore or have closed down

Lee Roberts
I sat at Weston wood on Friday with a coffee and just thought since we have been running in the last 10 years I can think of nine grounds that don't do reg shoots anymore or have closed down
Hi Steve Out of the nine grounds in your thoughts on Friday, how many grounds shut because of noise complaints? how many shut as poorly ran shoots as shooters avoided, and how many shut due to sale of land? or how many grounds just didn't make the cpsa grade? Lee

Will Hewland

I believe by a good margin. It wasn't THAT easy.. I think the top scores were

Chris Childerhouse (AA) 95

Moi (A) 94

Keith Tarren and Phil Easemen (both AA) 91

Everybody else: Fewer.

Will Hewland

Hi Steve

Out of the nine grounds in your thoughts on Friday, how many grounds shut because of noise complaints? how many shut as poorly ran shoots as shooters avoided, and how many shut due to sale of land? or how many grounds just didn't make the cpsa grade?

Lee

Lee, I'm not sure that there is a common theme. I can think of about 7 different grounds that have stopped doing reg shoots/ closed in the last 5 years and there is a completely separate reason for each one. None were noise complaints actually. One couldn't make it pay, which I believe they could have if they had changed things. Others were planning issues or retirement reasons.

Steve Lovatt

As will says there are several reasons in the list I have but a good few can make more money on open practice so just don't want the hassle of reg shoots !!

I for one will keep investing in the future of competitions of all kinds , trying to put something together at moment that's never been dreamt about in the uk before , can't say too much at this point

Steve Lovatt

Well done will good score that , was it open as a practice day as well today or just Cpsa members there

Never had chance to get to valley view yet but is on my list

Aspire

I think any new registered ground should be encouraged,,Valley View will take a while to get things right as do all grounds, it is easy to knock it, but lets not forget Caterham has gone and a number of grounds are under threat or could close at any time i.e. Southern Counties, we lost Newham Pa.rk and Cadley not so long ago. If you give the guys at V V some constructive feedback I am sure they will take it on board eventually. Give the ground a chance

Well when they have it right,or can put on a full course of birds,perhaps I'd go back. Pay your money take your choice. I'm not going to shoot a round of s h i t just to support a new ground. I get to shoot once a week,I want to enjoy it.

Will Hewland

Well done will good score that , was it open as a practice day as well today or just Cpsa members there

Never had chance to get to valley view yet but is on my list

I went late so only saw comp shooters but they still have their 'regulars' going round. I think they will 'get it' as time goes on. Brilliant bit of land..

Steve Lovatt

Do you think they use following pairs as they are short of traps or they like the idea

I remember when we started we bought 20 traps , ten stands , no pool shoot , no breakdown backup , hell it makes me cringe now when I think back but for 6 years we put everything back into the grounds and purchasing kit and will continue to do so , can't do it properly by taking everything out and running as a second rate outfit , well I can't anyway !!'

calamity

Well shot Will, 94 is an awesome score!

Dragged myself up to Grange Farm this morning. Very busy when I arrived so took over 3 hours to shoot. Found the targets tough, especially the simo pairs which I always have problems with. They had 6 stands of simo pairs!! surely there is a limit on how many simo pairs are allowed on a sporting shoot!! L.O.L finished on 63/100 - should've gone shopping  :yes: