14 / 15 December - where have you been and how have you got on?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaykaysea

Wow...middle of December already where is this year going? Good news (for me anyway!) is that I have now finished work (I do do some honestly) for a fortnight...Yeah....and I have got loads of shooting lined up which should be fab....!! I haven't pulled a trigger for 12 days and I think I am suffering withdrawal symptoms....

This weekend hoping to get to a 60 bird straw baler today if I can get everything else sorted in time (including picking up 2000 cartridges....early Christmas present to self....) and then shooting 100 bird open at one of the Island grounds tomorrow as I have a birthday party in the afternoon which I cannot escape to get to Weston Wood and Four Counties which is what I really want to do.....people need to understand that Sundays are for shooting and not arrange social stuff....

Got a lesson with Chris on Tuesday and then the Registered at OLSS on Thursday with MY squad of trusty Amigos (back off Teepee)...

What is everyone else up to and let me know how you get on?

Jkc xx

Today usual chores but may slip up to Andy Castle's for a quick bang bang as Tony needs to test Amber's gun to make sure it is taking a variety of cartridges as it is back from gunsmith. Only fair to keep him company and have a few rounds. Tomorrow not decided yet but Weston Wood and Four Counties does sound good.

I finish on 18th and will not go back until 6th Jan. Also stocked up on cartridges for hopefully as much shooting over Xmas as possible.

Sniff ,  :(   very busy at the moment,  as you can guess :)

Finish next Friday until Jan 13th ..

No shooting this weekend due to number two elf's  birthday ,  Party for kids today, Family tommorow  - So no OLSS this weekend  sigh

Hopefully i will be shooting next weekend... then nothing until after the main event ...

Then trying to see if anyone is doing any stuff after the big day ...    as i may be able to get a Tue or Thur  in at OLSS  

JKS ---  have you managed to see my surprise yet ?   

:santa: x

Last edited by a moderator:
Off to Rushingtons  Xmas bash tomorrow. Springer and her hubby put on a good spread - roast venison, mulled wine, mince tarts and Xmas pud. And, as well as socializing we also shoot!, usually very good targets set up by the members so expecting an interesting layout.

Would have liked to have shot Weston Wood after Rushington but have a Xmas party to get to! Haven't trained him indoors well enough yet to remember that Sundays are for shooting!!!!

Shooting Owls Lodge on Thursday at midday. Looking forward to seeing all the forum members there, don't forget your Santa hats!

Jane XX

Can't do any thing until I get this plaster off my arm - hopefully on Thursday, and then maybe get in a shoot or two late Dec. Mid-Norfolk or across to Barrow Heath when I can.  Also get some practice in back at High Lodge as well.

Nice afternoon with Nicky T at RBSS for the Stratstone Challenge - didn't manage to get anywhere near my 12 from the press day.... finishing with a 9 this time. Bit crap.... but I might try and get another go in before it finishes....

Had a good training session on Friday at North Ayrshire on two of last weeks FITASC layouts (the two I made a complete cock of)...so weekend off!!!

If NickyT and I add up our scores....

post-10-0-98065500-1387058403.jpg

Attachments

• 2013-12-13 15.36.54.jpg
    2013-12-13 15.36.54.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 0
Nice afternoon with Nicky T at RBSS for the Stratstone Challenge - didn't manage to get anywhere near my 12 from the press day.... finishing with a 9 this time. Bit crap.... but I might try and get another go in before it finishes....
Still got a spot on the 11th Jan if you want to join a few of the gang on here..

Sniff ,  :(   very busy at the moment,  as you can guess :)

Finish next Friday until Jan 13th ..

No shooting this weekend due to number two elf's  birthday ,  Party for kids today, Family tommorow  - So no OLSS this weekend  sigh

Hopefully i will be shooting next weekend... then nothing until after the main event ...

Then trying to see if anyone is doing any stuff after the big day ...    as i may be able to get a Tue or Thur  in at OLSS  

JKS ---  have you managed to see my surprise yet ?   

:santa: x
Sadly not but hoping I might have a new iPad in my stocking so it will be the first thing I do...

Shot a blustery Southdown Fitasc yesterday, on my continuing journey to become a better shot. Was with an exceptional squad who made the day a real pleasure.

The targets were the usual top quality from Shaun and the team. My shooting however was frustrating as i kept slipping back into old habits especially toward the end

of the day as tiredness crept in.

Need to manage my energy levels as that's  two shoots now that I have lost concentration as the shoot nears its end ruining what could of been a good card.

The journey continues...

Well back home now from a wet and windy shoot....happy with my 77...especially with the conditions and the high gun when I left was 82...

Just had one bad stand at the very end when the heavens opened, my glasses steamed up and my stock got very slippery...great excuses eh....!! Still pleased on the whole, just a shame it wasn't Registered!!

Shot a blustery Southdown Fitasc yesterday, on my continuing journey to become a better shot. Was with an exceptional squad who made the day a real pleasure.

The targets were the usual top quality from Shaun and the team. My shooting however was frustrating as i kept slipping back into old habits especially toward the end

of the day as tiredness crept in.

Need to manage my energy levels as that's  two shoots now that I have lost concentration as the shoot nears its end ruining what could of been a good card.

The journey continues...

Well shot though Gav - looks like third in D?

Shot Southdown fitasc today, Matt R and Keith A, fog, wind and rain made for a tricky day in the office, started very slowly with a 17!! Got the gunsmith to take the bend out of the barrels and managed a 23 on the next layout, which was nice. On to the field layout and another 23, tricky layout especially in the wind and then finished with a 20 to finish on 83.

You shot it very well Matt - I also started with a 17 - but went the other bloody way - 17,13,17 and 16 to finish on 63. 

Not so good this week - but I'll blame the conditions.

Well I shot Abbey clay shoot at Detling this morning, And I'll be honest it was hard! conditions were very misty and gusty, then I got to a stand and I was talking to an a well known old feller from this way Colin and he said watch these as we did they were all over the place one second way above the tree line next well below, looking at it i thought I'd be lucky to half it, In i step 8/8 I couldn't believe it! well I got round quickly so went to the hut to check scores, none in so i put mine in thinking it's a starting point and left!

Popped up to JJ's and had an ok round 54/80 I think! so checked the time and thought I have time I can improve on that, round again this time 68/80 second on the board behind a 69 left it at that packed up and waited right at the knockings in goes another 68. 

into a shoot of,f well a stand I cleared 12/12 previously It shouldn't have happened but it did I dropped 3!

so 3rd it was to be!

1506834_10152141125408594_380156_n_zps235d539c.jpg

So go visit the old man as he's quite ill get home think i'll just see what was what at Abbey and I'm chuffed that I also finished 3rd there also 

not a bad day all in all

Ps. the arms are aching!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back