Nil griffe

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

Yes I know that adjustable anything is IMO the work of the devil however I do see the point of the fully adjustable stock and appreciate the engineering of the above so interested in anyones view who has one, beneficial or not ?

Brilliant piece of kit. 

I love mine to bits.....even when i have an off day.

And before people come on and say 'twiddlers'.....I say they do not know what they are talking about. :wink:

This piece of kit allows you to carry out experiments ..that pop into your head when assessing what you want from your gun...during training or longer periods. It allows you try what ever you want.

For instance....I like a shorter stock for sporting and a longer stock for Trap. It is dead easy......you just take the pins out and move it a notch or two......and then put it back for the other discipline.

You also like me may go up and down in weight.......this changes my position on the comb...and that is why i have always had adjustable combs. Their one is similar to the norm.

The ability to move the but plate up and down allows for so much ability to change your gun fit, for jumping around disciplines ..if you want to play all the games.

All you have to do is keep a book with the record of what your settings are for what you want to do. You have to note when it is perfect....for the simple reason ....you can experiment on ideas all you want and still go back to your 'best fit'.

But after all that.....the most important part of all is the hand grip.....!

If you are not after perfection then there are standard sizes (S, M, L. XL).

If you are after the perfect hand position (trap) or if you have hands like shovels...then you go to Germany and get your hand fitted. (see the previous thread on this subject somewhere on here ...which explained it all along with pictures) You obviously were not awake then IPS....naughty boy...it will be lines for you later.....! :nurse:  

This is not a piece of kit for either twiddlers or those people who say.....lock it and throw the key away............. just saying..!

It is far more sophisticated a piece of kit for that. Before you buy one.......it is essential that you know what you want to achieve.......and also that you know how to compare things from a datum level.

Then all you have to do is try out everything you have been dreaming of (if only you did not have a fixed stock) and see which works for you...and on what disciplines.......but dont forget to record it all down.

I tried an experiment on Sunday that failed miserably......but at least i can wipe that thought out of my mind now and say with confidence 'THAT DID NOT WORK' :laugh:

Winter is also the time to have a play and try all these things.

Yes I know that adjustable anything is IMO the work of the devil however I do see the point of the fully adjustable stock and appreciate the engineering of the above so interested in anyones view who has one, beneficial or not ?
Yes an excellent bit of kit by all accounts Ian. One of the lads in our team had one, but he could not settle with it and went back to his original Beretta stock. I suppose some get on with them and some don't. They do seem quite popular with the DT boys! Along with ladder ribs!

I shoot one for olympic skeet....good bit of kit to get a gun shooting just how you like it. Not a cure for bad shooting....you'll shoot just as well with a standard stock set right. If you know exactly how you want your gun to perform then its a great bit of kit.....however iv also seen a lot of people struggling who dont quite know what they are doing.

Thanks for all the replies thus far, they certainly look the business and I would imagine nirvana for fiddlers. I like the idea because as Nic says you can have a good fiddle out of season even if its just to satisfy curiosity. Like the idea BUT is it for me ????

Thanks for all the replies thus far, they certainly look the business and I would imagine nirvana for fiddlers. I like the idea because as Nic says you can have a good fiddle out of season even if its just to satisfy curiosity. Like the idea BUT is it for me ????
Well all I can say is, I tried an MK38 adjustable and I just could not get settled with it. I never seemed to get it to "feel" right, even though I had it set the same as my 3800. I can only think that the balance was in some way different, yes both balanced on the pin, but as we know, there is more to balance/handling than that!

Your right there Les, I have had an adjustable and non adj DT10 (not counting the eell) and they felt different.

Les...IPS...you cannot get them for Mirkies ...so you are OK. :wink:

Hi IPS,

I've had mine for about a month now and am very pleased with it. Dennis set it up with me and i'm sticking with it. If you do get one I recommend that you have one of Dave Izzards Green Pads fitted because the standard Kickeez was far too bouncy.

It's feels a bit strange when you pick up a gun with a standard stock after using one of these.

Input from the Psych ward does not count........

Nursey....Siiiiireeeeylll needs his meds :wink:

For what it's worth I would like to add that i've heard some people say that they're for fiddlers or a gimmick etc, but I need a LOP of over 15.75" which is difficult to find on gun with a standard or factory adjustable stock. The problem I had was I spent considerable money on going to Italy and having a stock made for me by Rivaldo at Esseviere, and they done an amazing job but the stock was so big and heavy it messed up the handling of an already lively gun (ASE90). I didn't realise that at the time and was wondering what the hell was going on.

The Ergosign stock is balanced when set up and I reckon for the first time I have a gun that not just fits me, but is also balanced right.

Dennis is a great guy and does a really good job, I won't go anywhere else.

car-seat-repair.jpg

OR

e249386-lg_img.jpg

Latest posts

Back