shooting glasses

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonky70

im new to shooting and want some glasses to wear and would your advice on what ones to buy not to cheap but not to expensive any ideas

Yep - those Top Gun ones are always well recommended.... as are anything by (the much more expensive Pilla)I use my usual glasses - but I think I need to change up to something more suitable for shooting.

Shouldn't this be in "general discussion"?Matt, for prescription glasses there's a shop at Bisley which regularly does free eye tests for shooters. He's usually booked up really quickly so you'll have to ring up for a slot but he comes very well recommended. His name escapes me at the moment, sorry!

Hi Tonky,The Top Gun stuff is good, if you can get a copy of this months Clay Shooter mag (free at groundsgun shops) or £1.99 from the newsagents there is a review of shooting glasses and don't think there were any over £100 so should be useful for you.I started out with some cheap multi lense glasses, then bought some Oakleys then changed to Hi-Def Spex last year.Cheers,Jon.

If you wanted the real Rolls Royce solution - Pilla are pretty good, we reviewed some of their kit on the main site a while back : here

thanks guys and sorry toby for putting it in the wrong place haha. ive been looking at top gun glasses premier plus ones for £25 multi colours lens or remington t-85 has anyone got any of these ??????????

I have a new/worn 3 times Pair Of Pilla / Hidefspex Merlins for sale if anyone's interested, they come in the usual Pilla black case, with 3 different colour's lens, I paid £275 for them - I'll take £200 inc. P&P
images.jpg
MerlinBanner_736x128.jpg
Nige

Quote from tonky70 on September 2, 2011, 19:47thanks guys and sorry toby for putting it in the wrong place haha. ive been looking at top gun glasses premier plus ones for £25 multi colours lens or remington t-85 has anyone got any of these ??????????
I had some of the multi lense Topguns but found the frames couldnt take too much lense changing before they started to break up. Topgun did replace them but it was a pain in the middle of a shoot. My new set were 5 pairs of glasses with frames which meant you only changed the glasses not pulling lenses out of frames. I'm sure these were £50 and worth evcery penny if you have a buget.

I bought mine from Donaldsons in Milton Keynes have a look on the top gun website and they can tell you who your local supplier is and you can see how much they are now.

I have my original set here somewhere but can't find them, if they turn up you can have them FOC.Jon.

Latest posts

Back