Owls lodge 21.11.13

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

I arrived to find police investigating the break in last night of the club-house. What a pain for RF and co. not massive losses but plenty of damage and inconvenience (including prize monies from previous shoots).

Anyway, the shoot. Richard took myself and Clayclouter around, with another chap at 11.15. The wind was whipping up, making targets pretty wavy and shooters shiver. RF explained that the course was softened up to make up for the wind and accordingly nothing was nasty, although some tricky angles were there.

I really made a pigs of this shoot. Despite the wind it should have been 5 -10 clays above the average score, depending on individual experience. I finished on 83 but half my misses were inexcusable really. I hung on to crossers; missing in front as they slowed and waved. On one stand I made myself get on with it and hit them all.

I waited around a bit after shooting and saw MANY from here. Teepee had put in a stonking 85 for B (pb for him?) but various others were kicking themselves like me..

The sun emerged and the wind dropped as I was leaving, which likely helped a touch for afternoon shooters (a theory I am clinging to).

Steve Scott Smith on 97 late on was still superb. Well done him!

first time at owls and enjoyed it very much thanks rf and thanks chris for taking us around and having a laugh as well cheers mate...well shot father teepee good score mate...and nice to see loads from here..

i will be back..cheers hampshire poacher for booking us up.. :hunter:

First time shooting the sporting comp at Owls, enjoyed myself today, good squad on Rob D and his Dad, should have shot more but haven't shot much sporting this year and it shows.

Good to meet 28 bore and Sleepy Hollow today, as well as the usual suspects.

It's was great seeing so many people off the forum, it was like a shoot clay shoot!

Great course, really enjoyed it. Krieghoff, white golds, muller chokes....85 black clouds.

Thanks Chris and Richard great shoot.
Well shot Tom!!!Those Kreighoffs are definitely lovely guns, had a play with one today and impressed with the zero recoil and smooth handling - something else to go on my Xmas list!

Had a blast!  (pun intended!)

It's really good to sometimes shoot a course that doesn't pull your pants down and spank you!  But they were all there to be hit, and lots of people had a great day - we do it to break clays, and a lot were broken today, so well done Rich, Chris and Ollie.  I definitely learned something about the mental side of the game today... 'nuff said!

Good to see so many from here, and Steve shot his first High Gun, so well done to him!

Real shame about the break in - not enough nasty words to express how I feel about these scum bags!

Really enjoyed the shoot, great to see so many faces from here! Went around with Garry and Dave, Garry shooting well for a 90, Only dropping a couple of silly targets early on costing him! Managed to start off strong for a change, and then hit the last 50 shooting it straight. Didn't expect a high gun today after half days work and hearing of a 96 as soon as i got there... Well done to Richard and the team - great shoot once again, especially after the problems of the day!

Obviously Owl's Lodge is the place to meet other forum members but how do you recognise each other?

Is there a secret sign?

I only know I'll recognise Jaykaysea because she will have a Shootclay patch on her jacket (eventually!) and an entourage. Nicola because, well, she's just famous anyway (her picture is everywhere at the moment!)  :biggrin:

I might have a chance with CleverSC3 because you don't see too many of those guns on the clay ground.

Anybody else got any distinguishing features they'd like to divulge?

We are all very easy to spot.

The ladies

Jen northern bird who introduces you to everyone

Nicola posh bird in leather boots who reminds me of my old headmistress...to scared to say hello in case i have to sit outside the head mistress office.

Calamity blond friendly london bird always smiling.

The boys

Clever "E J Churchill hat " nice bloke

Robo, friendly bloke always smiling

Teepee Tony not easy to miss

Blazer Bill always says hello

Aspire...Usually followed by a queue of ladies wanting signed topless photos..oh and he has wayne martin on his back.

Me, short fat bloke with a krieghoff

There will be a few I have forgotten

The common denominator we are all smiling :)

I am the one on the right

post-76-0-66395600-1385124657.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 0
I finally saw you in the flesh Nicola (oh dear should I have said that?) at Owls. Had some challenging conversations on the forum with you in the past. But wish I had time yesterday to come over and speak to you face to face. Would have been good to speak one on one.

First time for me at Owls and thought what a great place, good team and shot with a great bunch of lads (The Amigos)

Will look forward to chatting with you on my next visit to Owls if you are there. Would nice to get your opinion on a few things.

Well done everyone yesterday, shooters and staff at OLSS.

Stew :hunter:

Nicola said:
Clever is the one with a trailing crowd of people shouting W an ker at him..... :laugh: (and he really shoots a Browning Cynergy...!! Ssssssssssssshhhh...!!)I thought you were going to say( and he really is a stoat) sorry clever!!!

I am the large one and grey.

Calamity is the blonde

Jaykaysea is the brunette

Aspire is the 'pin up'

Clayclouter is the one who is the shortest......I swear I thought he was Warwick Davis's dad :wink:

Then we had the stripper, Gaylord and the Doctor (who?)............ But.......you have to be there to know 'who' they are :laugh:

Edit

Oh......I forgot......SSS is the one that does not miss......!!

Banger is lovely....and also does not miss...!!

Back