26th & 27th Oct....how did everyone get on?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaykaysea

Can't sleep, last time I try and have an early night!! Body thinks it's time to get up...

Isle of Wight Registered Shoot for me on Sunday...What are the rest of you up to and let us know how you get on? Be interesting if we all get a bit wind affected or not...looks like I might not be getting to work on Monday...and that would be a result....

Can't sleep, last time I try and have an early night!! Body thinks it's time to get up...

Isle of Wight Registered Shoot for me on Sunday...What are the rest of you up to and let us know how you get on? Be interesting if we all get a bit wind affected or not...looks like I might not be getting to work on Monday...and that would be a result....
if you have trouble with wind try Windeze you can get it in the chemists

You were up early. No shooting today and still don't know where tomorrow - hoping the weather is hyped up and it's not that bad.

I'am off to nottingham tomorrow to shoot the intercounties ABT.not expecting much as i only shoot trap once or twice a year,but hopefully the wind will be a leveler

Well it is windy but I just see that as a ready made 'reason' for any misses....

Just not really sure what time it is.... :fie:

This is all way too early!

Made it home eventually! Looks nice and sunny out except the trees are being blown about!

Off to Weston wood in a short while to have some breakfast and shoot round with some from here! Should be fun. The wind excuse has already been taken so I am going with the one I got how from work at 2am instead! .

Oh well, it was very windy....that's my excuse....but it didn't rain...

Most of the scores were in the 50's as was mine...we did have a good laugh but almost impossible to build a decent score with the clays really just doing whatever they wanted...

Didn't think I shot badly but it was just really tricky and some stands you couldn't hardly stand up let alone keep your gun in any sort of hold position...

Off to see Chris at Owls Lodge on Tuesday (weather permitting!) so he can put the pieces all back together

Same at Weston Wood - windy but no rain.  Good variety of targets - think Steve has bought a job lot of 'pink' clays but at least you could see them even if they didn't break! Struggled with a few today ending up 74/100, once again behind Jason.

Nice to see you guys from the forum - Jason, Robo, Tiptop Gun and Teepee plus EasyontheMatt!!!

Scores when I left were pretty high in every class. Two 79's in C class, 84 in B Class, 88 in Ladies and overall 95 was leading but still loads of shooters out there.

Shot 81/100 at Catton Hall today.
Nice ground.
Blustery but dry.
Personal best first run out with Caesar.
Was leading C when we left will see if I have to go back for some loot.

Sent from my mobile that's my excuse for typos and errors.

Had a good day at Weston wood even with the wind!

Came in with 78 which I am pleased with but a little annoyed as I had six full house stands and two one away stands. No idea what happened on the remaining four had a total nightmare! In general happy but should have done better but then we all think that after the event.

Great to see a good crowd from here and some others too.

Well shot JB!  I also put in an 81 - Weston Wood with the boys, decent day, decent targets as always.  And as always, a little disappointed to have left some out there.  Was really looking for a mid to high 80's, and that just goes to show how far I still have to go!

But there's always next week...!!

Well shot JB!  I also put in an 81 - Weston Wood with the boys, decent day, decent targets as always.  And as always, a little disappointed to have left some out there.  Was really looking for a mid to high 80's, and that just goes to show how far I still have to go!

well done father tony...really pleased for ya mate getting that 8 on the front  :gaming:   :thumbsu:

Cheers Mark...quite pleased, but still rue the losses!  Shoulda been a monster score!  (no pleasing some people, eh??)

Well done Tony. Coming together nicely. No blister on the finger I hope?

Travelled to the valleys to see Gareth today. Nice to go and see him for a change as he always makes the journey to us.

St Dials was wet!

Well shot big man great to see you reach a goal you set yourself and get the 8 in front, well shot Jason too still being consistent with your scores think your destined for B class shortly with is great to show how much you have progressed !

Enjoyed the shoot at St Dials with Sleepy today and he shot like a demon with his new gun (very nice) 84 and second in A when we left in very blustery conditions and we got a bit wet with a heavy shower but good targets that you had to show respect or your score suffered very quickly !  I left to many out there lowly 57 for me but 10 stands of 10 soon destroy a score if you slip up and I did on a few stands just by taking the wrong option and not changing things when it went wrong :banghead:  but heyho on to the next one and upward :hunter:

Well done Tony. Coming together nicely. No blister on the finger I hope?

Travelled to the valleys to see Gareth today. Nice to go and see him for a change as he always makes the journey to us.

St Dials was wet!
Cheers Stew...no blister, had the trigger worked on!  :biggrin:

Well shot big man great to see you reach a goal you set yourself and get the 8 in front, well shot Jason too still being consistent with your scores think your destined for B class shortly with is great to show how much you have progressed !

Enjoyed the shoot at St Dials with Sleepy today and he shot like a demon with his new gun (very nice) 84 and second in A when we left in very blustery conditions and we got a bit wet with a heavy shower but good targets that you had to show respect or your score suffered very quickly !  I left to many out there lowly 57 for me but 10 stands of 10 soon destroy a score if you slip up and I did on a few stands just by taking the wrong option and not changing things when it went wrong :banghead:  but heyho on to the next one and upward :hunter:
Thanks Gareth - we'll have to get the passports out and come over that bridge one day! (thing is though, my ex wife lives there, and I'm a bit scared...)  :fie:

Don't beat yourself up Gareth, the weather was bleak with targets going up and down and traps breaking down all over the place. get your head down on the going away stuff and you will get another 15 on your score. Nice to shoot with you today mate.

Back