19th & 20th October...who's up to what, and where, and was it good?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaykaysea

It's the weekend again....feel like I have been immersed in shooting this week...from my lesson with the lovely Ed S on Tuesday, to booking my Sportvision consultation with Ed L, chatting about photos and calendars with Ben, got some Tirovesti stuff from Jake and then the Registered at Owls Lodge on Thursday...it's been a great week...I am skint...but it's been great!!

Off to Four Counties on Sunday...up at about 530 to get there (and that will be my excuse if I am rubbish!!), looks like there will be lots of Shootclayers there and looking forward to meeting the in form Jason too...going to be very competitive in Class C methinks...we might have to have a bet on the side..

Might do a 60 bird warm up today, depends on weather and I have got a back massage too so as to get loosened up....

Have a good one everybody...look forward to hearing all about it...

Weather looks just about OK for me at 4C tomorrow.. Just got to control the drinking at a birthday dinner tonight!

Had a quick 100 warm up at Carl Bloxham's this afternoon even stayed dry!

Nice to see you have an excuse for tomorrow! Hope the weather behaves.

Overcast & breezy today in Suffolk, just made some fine adjustments to suit the bright, light breezey weather conditions that awaits all who enter the Suffolk Sporting Masters at Barrow Heath Shooting Ground tomorrow :nyam:   :nyam:   :nyam:

Well just got home about 12 hours after I got up....so lucky today, heavens opened as we drove up to Four Counties bit it stopped as we got out of the car, stayed dry while we shot and then persisted it down all the way back....

Fab breakfast, thanks ladies, and good to see Sue again, she always makes us very welcome. Lovely to meet Jason who looks nothing like his profile picture, but did have a line of sand behind him...and also bumped into Tom and Will...and Olly in the car park so the four of us from the Island went round with Jason and Olly. Tom was off looking for his mojo with a hangover....

Started off slowly but did well on a couple of the 10 stands but then the rails came off in the car park on a long r- l looper that you couldn't see and a l-r crossed that i only found once...1/8 disaster darling....and 4/10 on a very Sun affected simo pair of teal which were a bit silly....IMO!

My planning worked well when I hit the first pair but if I didn't then I struggled...but it is getting there....I will persevere...

Great to see Jason in action...glad he will be off into B soon....and I don't think he will be there long!! He was leading C when we left...and Will was leading A....

Shot the pool shoot and got 8 which I was second with when I left....probably my best stand....!!!!

Hope everyone else had a good day and was as lucky with the weather as we were..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well just got home about 12 hours after I got up....so lucky today, heavens opened as we drove up to Four Counties bit it stopped as we got out of the car, stayed dry while we shot and then persisted it down all the way back....

Fab breakfast, thanks ladies, and good to see Sue again, she always makes us very welcome. Lovely to meet Jason who looks nothing like his profile picture, but did have a line of sand behind him...and also bumped into Tom and Will...and Olly in the car park so the four of us from the Island went round with Jason and Olly. Tom was off looking for his mojo with a hangover....

Started off slowly but did well on a couple of the 10 stands but then the rails came off in the car park on a long r- l looper that you couldn't see and a l-r crossed that i only found once...1/8 disaster darling....and 4/10 on a very Sun affected simo pair of teal which were a bit silly....IM

My planning worked well when I hit the first pair but if I didn't then I struggled...but it is getting there....I will persevere...

Great to see Jason in action...glad he will be off into B soon....and I don't think he will be there long!! He was leading C when we left...and Will was leading A....

Shot the pool shoot and got 8 which I was second with when I left....probably my best stand....!!!!

Hope everyone else had a good day and was as lucky with the weather as we were..
Good to see you. But what's wrong with my Four Counties thread then? :)

Good session here as mentioned above by Jaykaysea! Was good to meet her and the other Islanders! Not much to add really would liked to have not been in the one away club quite so much but I suppose it could have been worse!

The car park stand was not that nice to anyone in out squad!

And blaming my head ache on having my eyes burnt out of my head by the sun on the simo teal! Is that a bit much? .

not a bad day at the office today shot westfield first thing  good shoot and the rain held off, shot the pool shoot first which was like stand 16 from the gold cup managed to hit 11/12,shot a 97 around the shoot missing 7 on the last two stands gutted,then went on to the crazy bear and shot a 78 missing another 7 on the last stand for 85 but was happy with that,then raced onto northampton and the heavens opened managed to a 80 not bad for a days shooting..!

Latest posts

Back