10 OR 11 THAT IS THE QUESTION

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bostonmick

I have been offered a trade on a dt10 I have for sale it is ten years old and in very good condition for a dt11 which is 6 months old one of the newer models with a bit of cash from me.can anyone tell me if they made the change from 10 to 11 and what do they think.this would not be my main gun just something to use now and again. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Mick,

Typical of a Pea muncher (Lincolnshire) you should be taking cash off the DT11 owner !

You are trading DOWN not up .

I used a 10 until I sold it in 2007, as well as a 3800 and MK38, I now have an 11, only shot it once so far and it shot very nicely indeed. My 11 handles faster than my 10 did, even though the 11 is heavier.

I used a 10 until I sold it in 2007, as well as a 3800 and MK38, I now have an 11, only shot it once so far and it shot very nicely indeed. My 11 handles faster than my 10 did, even though the 11 is heavier.
This could be due to the weight of the barrels, I shot a friends newly acquired 32" DT11 today on a full round of ESP and it is a superb gun in every way. I noticed that like the 682E barrels there is no mid rib in the last 10 or so inches towards the chambers, not sure if this is also the case with the DT10 ?

This friend just replaced his 30" sporter 11 for a 32" one with factory Trap adjustable stock and it is a big step forward in feel and sight picture compared to the standard version which is getting a well deserved reputation for being too low in the comb. 

In answer to Bostonmick, the changes to the gun from 10 to 11 are largely marketing oriented such as massively overbored barrels to aid recoil reduction and pattern quality (we need a Pinocchio smiley) but any gains are utterly unprovable on paper. If you can spare the extra £2.5k the DT11 is a lot of gun for sensible money (nothing is better from an engineering view point) but it won't outshoot or outlast a DT10. 

This could be due to the weight of the barrels, I shot a friends newly acquired 32" DT11 today on a full round of ESP and it is a superb gun in every way. I noticed that like the 682E barrels there is no mid rib in the last 10 or so inches towards the chambers, not sure if this is also the case with the DT10 ?

This friend just replaced his 30" sporter 11 for a 32" one with factory Trap adjustable stock and it is a big step forward in feel and sight picture compared to the standard version which is getting a well deserved reputation for being too low in the comb. 

In answer to Bostonmick, the changes to the gun from 10 to 11 are largely marketing oriented such as massively overbored barrels to aid recoil reduction and pattern quality (we need a Pinocchio smiley) but any gains are utterly unprovable on paper. If you can spare the extra £2.5k the DT11 is a lot of gun for sensible money (nothing is better from an engineering view point) but it won't outshoot or outlast a DT10. 
 Hammy yes the 11 is a lot of gun for the money, as to whether it's better or will last longer than a 10 is another matter I guess. I had my 10 for about five or six years before I sold it and it was a great gun once I had the stock and triggers sorted. As for the 11, well I've only shot it once and the first impression was very good. Most seem to have decent wood too, something which would cost a fair amount of extra money if the same grade was used on an MX8, you would need SC grade wood. So I reckon overall it's a fair price for a decent gun. Mine is a 30 inch trap gun and it does not pattern as tight as my 3800 does with the same shells, the kills are very good indeed and amount to hundreds of bits, same shells in the 3800 can often equate to smoke or even vaopur!!! So barrel wise they just may be onto something, well when compared to my rather old standard 3800 with short cones, short chokes and tight tubes.

The one I have been offered is the newer model and I am told is slightly lighter than the first ones.life of the gun is not a major factor to me as I doubt I will keep it for years I prefer 68 series and use them as my lifetime gun.

Latest posts

Back